Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
From all accounts I’ve read he’s off to Barca on a free at the end of this season. Makes sense tbh. Won everything at the club level with Chelsea. Go back to warm weather Spain and play 2-3 years in the rebuild at Barca.
Yeah, sounds like he's off to Barcelona which would be good everybody. He gets to continue at a good level and Chelsea can move on.

Chelsea badly need to upgrade their FB/WB depth. As soon as James and Chilwell went down Tuchel lost all the dynamism on the sides. Alonso and Azpi are slow and just can't offer that threat.

Jean toomer

Superstar
Daps
Yeah, sounds like he's off to Barcelona which would be good everybody. He gets to continue at a good level and Chelsea can move on.

Chelsea badly need to upgrade their FB/WB depth. As soon as James and Chilwell went down Tuchel lost all the dynamism on the sides. Alonso and Azpi are slow and just can't offer that threat.
This. The Lukaku antagonism didn’t help Tuchel either. James’s injury has been most damaging.

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
Zouma getting positive support :ehh:

Most people showing this energy now.

FLfP5YgXwAQBVpp

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV

I was really surprised Tuchel didn’t go for Digne when Everton was looking to offload him. Apparently Tuchel did’t want to bring in another starter over Chillwell.

Summer should be interesting once Tuchel can make his own signings. I feel Lukaku was a panic buy from the board.

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I was really surprised Tuchel didn’t go for Digne when Everton was looking to offload him. Apparently Tuchel did’t want to bring in another starter over Chillwell.

Summer should be interesting once Tuchel can make his own signings. I feel Lukaku was a panic buy from the board.

One journo who reportedly has inside links said they didn't go for Digne because they didn't think he moved the needle enough. The title race was already lost after a horrid December so makes sense they wouldn't panic buy.

But the real issue is Chelsea buy terribly. For every decent transfer there are 5 bad ones. Something has to change with how they identify and scout players.