Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Never a pen for Sevilla tbh. Ball don’t lie but a very bad pen from Rakitic. He sold himself from the beginning with his angled run.

I feel these are the games that might prevent Sevilla from winning La Liga.

African_brehda

Superstar
Daps
Neymar turned 30 today and nikkas are talking about him on some “what could’ve been” shyt, like he didn’t live up to his hype :gucci:

Ronaldo and Messi numbers have really skewed nikkas expectations of players. Even Even with that, 600+ g/a, what else do people want?

Daps
Burkina Faso 3(3) - 3(5) Cameroon
The Stallions started off kicking and stomping The Indomitable Lions. However, The Indomitable Lions managed to sink their fangs into The Stallions. In the end, The Indomitable Lions suddenly learned how to take penalties and won.

Well done Cameroon.
Fair play to Burkina Faso, Thomas Sankara would be proud.

Daps
I still think Egypt is going to win tomorrow. They've won the AFCON 7 times. You can't count them out.
Every time Senegal has made it to the AFCON finals, they've choked.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
I still think Egypt is going to win tomorrow. They've won the AFCON 7 times. You can't count them out.
Every time Senegal has made it to the AFCON finals, they've choked.

Not this time around. Senegal have found their scoring boots. No African team has been to the finals 3 times and not won.

Yes, Egypt has 7 AFCONs but their first two AFCONs was when most of Africa was still colonized. Only 3 teams participated in the 1959 editions. 4 in the prior tourney.

They had one in the 80s and again in 98.

It was really 2006-2010 that cemented them as African powerhouses. Two 1-0 wins and a 0-0 won on PKs (two of Egypts AFCONs have been won on PKs).

Egypt is an enigma. Never really the best team, but they’re hard to beat and when it comes to PKs, they’re solid.

I still have Senegal for this.

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not this time around. Senegal have found their scoring boots. No African team has been to the finals 3 times and not won.

Yes, Egypt has 7 AFCONs but their first two AFCONs was when most of Africa was still colonized. Only 3 teams participated in the 1959 editions. 4 in the prior tourney.

They had one in the 80s and again in 98.

It was really 2006-2010 that cemented them as African powerhouses. Two 1-0 wins and a 0-0 won on PKs (two of Egypts AFCONs have been won on PKs).

Egypt is an enigma. Never really the best team, but they’re hard to beat and when it comes to PKs, they’re solid.

I still have Senegal for this.

2006-2010 was their Golden Generation and actually a shame Aboutrika, Ahmed Hassan, Hadary etc never played in a World Cup.

This team isnt half as talented aside from Salah and I have Senegal winning their first AFCON too.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
2006-2010 was their Golden Generation and actually a shame Aboutrika, Ahmed Hassan, Hadary etc never played in a World Cup.

This team isnt half as talented aside from Salah and I have Senegal winning their first AFCON too.

That’s the thing about Egypt that is such an enigma. 7 AFCONs but behind Cameroon, Nigeria, Morocco and Tunisia on WC apperances.