Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Auba is not the profile they need IMO. Either they get a target man or a poacher so they can have somebody to build with or finish chances. They have De Jong, Torres and Memphis. I dont get what Auba offers more unless Xavi looks to add counters and use his speed as its weapons but that's not really his philosophy.

African_brehda

Superstar
Daps
Auba is not the profile they need IMO. Either they get a target man or a poacher so they can have somebody to build with or finish chances. They have De Jong, Torres and Memphis. I dont get what Auba offers more unless Xavi looks to add counters and use his speed as its weapons but that's not really his philosophy.

Philosophy? Those nikkas are fighting for their lives out there :bryan:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils

Auba is somewhat a poacher. Otherwise what kind of striker is he? Playing on the shoulder of the defender? Isnt that what a poachers do? It's kinda what Lukaku does more or less.

Memphis finishing has been terrible.

Xavi wants his team playing out from the back and beat the press then you have the space for someone like Auba. Also European football relies more on counters and transitions than La Liga does. That why I see the Auba signing gives them a better chance in the EL. Then what they already have in the squad so far this season. The only goals they scored in CL was vs Kiev so they need a scorer.

Jamal514

In high demand
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
Stats sheet. Time of possession. This is a clear instance of analytics being trash.

Nothing but sideways and backwards passes. I never felt worried when you guys had the ball. Best chance you guys had was a set piece which. should speak volumes to Berhalter.