Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

I.AM.PIFF

You're minor, we're major
Supporter
Daps
:comeon: sure you don't. Saw someone on Reddit say the same thing. That Algeria has outgrown AFCON and they only care about WC. To me that's BS, if you're a footballing giant you should be doing it on the continent AND the world stage.

Nah, that's not my point. We never seem to do well in "Subsharan Africa" which is why we drop points vs mediocre teams. That's a huge weakness we haven't addressed yet which is why I didn't think we'd win this anyway.

But I didn't expect it to be this bad either.

We did it in Egypt already with conditions on our favor (i.e. no potato pitches, similar weather) :mjlit:

Roberto Firmino

#GoonLife
Daps
Reppin
Naija
2021 AFCON KO Rounds are set.
orpuvk3oawc81.png

My predictions for the QF:

Burkina Faso vs Nigeria
Senegal vs Mali
Guinea vs Cameroon
CIV vs Morocco
Gabon vs Nigeria
Cape Verde vs Mali
Guinea vs Cameroon
Ivory Coast vs Morocco

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Nah, that's not my point. We never seem to do well in "Subsharan Africa" which is why we drop points vs mediocre teams. That's a huge weakness we haven't addressed yet which is why I didn't think we'd win this anyway.

But I didn't expect it to be this bad either.

We did it in Egypt already with conditions on our favor (i.e. no potato pitches, similar weather) :mjlit:

Idk breh…y’all WCQ campaign was played all over SSA and you guys topped a group with B. Faso. They aren’t CIV, but still a very good side. Ball is ball at the end of the day.

Most of the CIV squad play abroad on better pitches as well but playing on worse pitches at AFCON didn’t seem to affect them.

Truth is Algeria just didn’t come to play / some GKs were in outstanding form.

I.AM.PIFF

You're minor, we're major
Supporter
Daps
Idk breh…y’all WCQ campaign was played all over SSA and you guys topped a group with B. Faso. They aren’t CIV, but still a very good side. Ball is ball at the end of the day.

Most of the CIV squad play abroad on better pitches as well but playing on worse pitches at AFCON didn’t seem to affect them.

Truth is Algeria just didn’t come to play / some GKs were in outstanding form.

We played them in Morocco since they couldn't play at home. We would probably be eliminated already otherwise :mjlol:

No excuses, we just shyt the bed :yeshrug:

I'm just focusing on the WCQ now and if it ends up in an elimination, might as well start a re-build.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
We played them in Morocco since they couldn't play at home. We would probably be eliminated already otherwise :mjlol:

No excuses, we just shyt the bed :yeshrug:

I'm just focusing on the WCQ now and if it ends up in an elimination, might as well start a re-build.

Nah, some games were outside Morocco / South Africa. That I know as a fact, but it’s neither here or there…

Phitz

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Would be nice to see more new blood(I hate that Gambia and Mali are in teh same group, both up and comers)

Tired of seeing Tunisia, Algeria, Ghana, Nigeria

Not tired of Cote D'Ivoire and Senegal though.. or Cameroon even though they're always there