Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

African_brehda

Superstar
Daps
giphy.gif

fukking joke club :laff::laff::laff:

Givethanks

Superstar
Daps
This Barca team is gonna give me a heart attack, one min I'm ready to commit jihad the next min i'm happy as a MF

4-Rin

Superstar
Daps
Ghana and Algeria dumped out in the group stage :picard:

I expect the semi's to be Nigeria vs Senegal and Cameroon vs Ivory Coast. Anything can happen from there.

I'm not worried about the world cup qualifiers anymore. The only way we don't qualify is if the new couch is on some bullshyt.

I was against Eguavoen leading the team based on his past results but we're playing better than we were under Rohr. So we should probably stick with him.

Daps
Gambia 1 - 0 Tunisia
The Scorpions stung The Eagles of Carthage so much that even Hannibal felt it.

Mali 2 - 0 Mauritania
The Eagles talons made quick work of Al-Murabitun.

The Scorpions and The Eagles are through to the knockout stage. Will The Scorpions show that they are the deadly Mortal Kombatant of the tourney? Will The Eagles soar through the tourney while singing 'Hotel California'?

Daps
The top 4 third place teams that have made it to the knockout stage:

Cape Verde - Will the Tubarões Azuis (Blue Sharks) make a big bite in the AFCON?

Malawi - Can The Flames set the whole continent on fire?

Tunisia - Will The Eagles of Carthage conquer African football and make Hannibal proud?

Comoros - Will The Coelacanths show that this living fossil still has a bite in African football?

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
A three year sentence would humble most people, but this idiot managed to somehow make himself seem like a bigger d#ckhead.

The fact that he would say anything other than “I’m sorry” is truly scumbag behavior :scust:

well it was "only 9 minutes" of "isolated madness" and he was influenced by "a mental disorder" ..

sounds like he is gunning for AfTV ..

also sounds like DT plans to return like ....

training-day-denzel.gif

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Ghana and Algeria dumped out in the group stage :picard:

I expect the semi's to be Nigeria vs Senegal and Cameroon vs Ivory Coast. Anything can happen from there.

I have that same prediction for the Semis, but I think Mali could knock out Senegal if they meet in the QFs.

I'd want Cameroon in the final on home soil, but I think CIV might be a tougher test.

I'm not worried about the world cup qualifiers anymore. The only way we don't qualify is if the new couch is on some bullshyt.

Yep, over two legs I fancy our chances with anyone on the continent, I'd still rather avoid Mali or Cameroon though. Not just because they are good sides, but because I'd rather the strongest of the strong represent CAF for WC'22.

If I could have it my way, the final draw would be something like this (bolded teams would advance).

Nigeria vs Egypt
Algeria vs Mali
Tunisia vs Cameroon
Morocco
vs DRC
Senegal vs Ghana

I was against Eguavoen leading the team based on his past results but we're playing better than we were under Rohr. So we should probably stick with him.

Is it because of the bronze at AFCON 2006 or failing to qualify for the 2006 WC (Still can't believe Angola made it over us). TBF, that WC was an odd one for CAF. Angola and Togo in the final tournaments. 4 debut nations in Ghana, Ivory Coast, Angola and Togo

Last edited: