Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Frangala

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Le Grand Congo (Kin)
African WC qualifiers playoffs matchups revelation this Saturday I believe. CIV will win the tournament since they are not in WC playoffs Africa region. Other than this tourney, they won't have anything to play for as a national side for a minute

concise

Veteran
Daps
Proven what exactly? Looks like any other high level tournament. Some favourites go out early and a few surprise under the radar team go thru. A good tournament is good knockout round games.

Also got to do it in the World Cup to show they deserve the extra spots. Need more QF final and further appearances instead of once every 8 years or just 1 or 2 team making it no further than the last 16.

:hubie:

Let's be reality, concacaf performs better at the WC overall. :hubie:

Roberto Firmino

#GoonLife
Daps
Reppin
Naija
That boy Kelleher the truth :banderas:

Could start for over half the Prem teams right now he that good :ohlawd:

Would not be opposed at all to cashing in on Ali and letting the young boy do his thing :manny: especially since we claim to be broke boys :hubie: and I’m a huge Ali fan :ufdup: Kelleher just that damn good :banderas:

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
I said earlier I didn't care about the AFCON anymore. We've been playing like shyt for a while now.

:comeon: sure you don't. Saw someone on Reddit say the same thing. That Algeria has outgrown AFCON and they only care about WC. To me that's BS, if you're a footballing giant you should be doing it on the continent AND the world stage.

Proven what exactly?

The quality of play in African football is greatly improving, especially the team cohesion. Last WC I think the African teams just played within themselves. Nigeria and Senegal especially (I don't trust the N. Africans to make noise in the WC).

I think in 2022 we could see at least 1 if not 2 African nations in the SFs of the WC.

Either he forgot or he's on :mjpls: with only wanting 7 teams to go.

I was more so talking about 7 for the current 32 team format. The fact that good teams like CIV and Burkina Faso are missing the WC is what I'm getting at. CAF qualifiers is one of the most intense.

African WC qualifiers playoffs matchups revelation this Saturday I believe. CIV will win the tournament since they are not in WC playoffs Africa region. Other than this tourney, they won't have anything to play for as a national side for a minute

I mean next AFCON is Summer 2023 so they have something coming up. But even still, I don't have CIV winning it. I think Cameroon will take em out in the semis, but CIV look a very good side at the moment.