Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Roberto Firmino

#GoonLife
Daps
Reppin
Naija
I’m all for the conspiracy and pissing off Arsenlol and the bytching obsessed Citeh fans like @Yayo Toure :mjlol:

But the question I’ve never got an answer to is why? What do we accomplish by doing this because we lose home field advantage for the second leg and the positives still ruled players out for the FA Cup game on the weekend :jbhmm:

And why chose to do it in a cup we don’t even care about instead of a few days before in a must win against Chelsea that we didn’t even attempt to have postponed :jbhmm:

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
I’m all for the conspiracy and pissing off Arsenlol and the bytching obsessed Citeh fans like @Yayo Toure :mjlol:

But the question I’ve never got an answer to is why? What do we accomplish by doing this because we lose home field advantage for the second leg and the positives still ruled players out for the FA Cup game on the weekend :jbhmm:

And why chose to do it in a cup we don’t even care about instead of a few days before in a must win against Chelsea that we didn’t even attempt to have postponed :jbhmm:

Was thinking that this morning. Seems like a lot of effort for not much return

Montez

Superstar
Daps
Lol.

Man like @Montez been saying how fishy this thing looked. Liverpool fans in denial again.

Nothing will happen though, the people that already exonerated them also have links to the club.

I wasn't expecting this. :whoo:Deeper, darker criminal link.

I wasn't mad at Liverpool. Survival is the most basic of instincts. I got mad at the denial.

You my mans but :ufdup:

It's the best time to face Chelsea. They've won 1 Premier League game in the last month. Plus, players selected for AFCON players were available until the 3rd. Y'all played Liverpool on January 2nd.

Each circumstance is unique. Arsenal knew what they were doing last weekend, I didn't support that postponement against Tottenham but the reaction from Spurs fans and the press:obama::banderas:. We might lose that eventual match but finally, my Club, acted like a big club. We now get to face Spurs in the future with potentially a full squad (Xhaka :scusthov:) and new buys.

I get why Liverpool did it. It's the EFL Cup and the final is in March iirc, you can make that up. Arsenal probably wanted the same thing and weren't mad. I can understand why both teams would want a longer rest period for thin squads post Christmas.

Last edited:

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
Dembouz next club about to have him fresh and fit.:whoo: wonder how long Barca will hold out

seeing rumors from psg and Bayern. but Bayern already stacked with wingers.

and yes, I love that Algeria is losing :ohlawd:

Roberto Firmino

#GoonLife
Daps
Reppin
Naija
You my mans but :ufdup:

It's the best time to face Chelsea. They've won Premier League game in the last month Plus, players selected for AFCON players were available until the 3rd. Y'all played Liverpool on January 2nd.

Each circumstance is unique. Arsenal knew what they were doing last weekend, I didn't support that postponement against Tottenham but the reaction from Spurs fans and the press:obama::banderas:. We might lose that eventual match but finally, my Club, acted like a big club. We now get to face Spurs in the future with potentially a full squad (Xhaka :scusthov:) and new buys.

I get why Liverpool did it. It's the EFL Cup and the final is in March iirc, you can make that up. Arsenal probably wanted the same thing and weren't mad. I can understand why both teams would want a longer rest period for thin squads post Christmas.
:lolbron:

With Milner, no Joel, no Robbo and a backup keeper starting :comeon:

And we both know the rearranged Chelsea fixture wouldn't have been this month :ufdup:

I'm all for the conspiracy and if we did it we did it :jawalrus: a longer rest period is semi-plausible I'll give you that :ehh: I just still don't really buy it :manny: