Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Great win from the Super Eagles. 3/3 with 3 very convincing victories. If not for the small mistake from Aina we'd have been 3 for 3 with 6 goals for and 0 against. Augustine also did a good job giving minutes to the whole squad. I think outside of Noble, everyone else got some minutes.

Looks like we'll get the 3rd place team from Group F (I think it'll be Gambia when all said and done), the QF would be the winner of Burkina Faso vs Gabon (I'm leaning Burkina)
Been a while since a Naija player brought that spontaneity and excitement. Moses Simon restoring that Jay-Jay, Finidi George feeling :wow:

If only he could finish his chances. He should have had our third goal tonight

Daps
Guinea Bissau 0 - 2 Nigeria
The Super Eagles soared the sky then swooped and stole all The Djurtus kills.

Egypt 1 - 0 Sudan
The match for the Nile Valley. The Pharaohs conquered the whole of the Nile. The Falcons of Jediane are left to scavenge for whatever's left.

The Super Eagles and The Pharaohs are through to the knockout stage. Will The Super Eagles show the continent that they are truly the Giants of Africa at football? Can The Pharaohs rule African football once more (for the 8th time)?