Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
as someone said, you can’t look at what Tuchel has done for Chelsea and still have excuses for Ole. There’s Pep, Klopp, Tuchel and you think you can compete against them with a PE teacher Ole?

This. Tuchel had the same exact squad as Lamps, like player for player, and took them to T4, FA Cup Final and a UCL win. Management matters.

One thing the United board gotta realize is this, the MUFC brand was built on success, which means winning/challenging for trophies. Man U isn’t the brand it is today if we were just making Top 4 in the Fergie era.

Sensitive Christian Grey

The Fisher King
Daps
Reppin
Welsh Hills
In the situation Fulham, QPR and Millwall make it to the Prem next year and all other London clubs stay up, you’d have 9 LDN clubs by my count...

Chelsea, Spurs, AFC, CP, West Ham, Brentford, QPR, Millwall, Fulham. Pretty much half the league.

Ive had this discussion with my brother a few times. I thought it was plausible but not for the near future. Too many relegation candidates and teams who people shouldn’t expect to come up like Millwall

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Ive had this discussion with my brother a few times. I thought it was plausible but not for the near future. Too many relegation candidates and teams who people shouldn’t expect to come up like Millwall

True, but of that list, 6 of the 9 are already in the Prem. Fulham yoyos quite a bit but right now look like they could be back. QPR are upper half of the table and within 4 positions of the playoffs.

Millwall is wishful thinking though.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
One thing the United board gotta realize is this, the MUFC brand was built on success, which means winning/challenging for trophies. Man U isn’t the brand it is today if we were just making Top 4 in the Fergie era.

Not entirely true while Fergies success did help and is a factor. He didn't lay the foundations for that this all goes back to the Busby Babes era and what transpired over that period the tragedy and success. United even when they didn't win the league for 26 years and were only making FA Cup finals in 70-80's while Liverpool dominated over the same time frame United were still the better supported club in England and worldwide out of the 2.

United from 68/69 to 92/93 season is basically what the Cowboys are now since they last won/made the SB.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
C7EB3E7F-45C6-44E2-B5C7-1EA970964B4D.jpeg