Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Yehuda

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Robertson and Alexander-Arnold fukked up too much IMO.

Still the leader, though, at least until Monday. :umad:

Daps
Reppin
The Caribbean
world class defending ... :wow:

j5KE4iCl.png

With football, the concept of "coaching something out of someone" isn't as common. There's a belief that once you reach a certain age, certain habits are set

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
No idea tbh. Just put in a coach/manager thats a real tactician. I really feel that if a good one gets hold of this squad they can be a serious threat. Ole hit his peak over a year ago so its time for someone else to the the team to the next level. Unfortunately it won't happen because those in charge don't know what they're doing or what's required at the highest level.
My bar is very low right now. Just anyone who will a) make a substitution before 82nd minute and b) make adjustments when things are not working :manny:

Daps
Reppin
The Caribbean
isn't as common as what ? mr. lutfisk defender :dahell:

I notice in US sports talk, especially basketball, they think anyone can be coached out of bad habits and into good ones whereas with football they'll rather ship you out. I think it's mainly cause US leagues work with a salary cap and trades whereas football doesn't have those limitations and you can just receive a transfer fee which can be put towards getting a superior player.

Look at Dan James. He's a speed merchant, young, but just doesn't have the attacking intelligence or technique to stay at a club like United. Logic tells you that he can be coached into good technique and a footballing brain, but that's not the mentality of football fans. Especially the football brain part.

Lukaku is another one. He's 28 or so and still has a poor first touch. You'd think that all these years it would improve but it hasn't.

Daps
Reppin
The Caribbean
why are you talking to me about "US sports talk" ...

context clues ... :picard:

My bad. You being so reactionary at a one nil loss had me think otherwise

Okay, here's another angle, Ole is one man. He has a coaching staff of football experts. I highly doubt them as a collective are causing players to regress

This is the same Ole that was heralded in seasons past for improving players, but one loss at home, which I myself am upset at, and suddenly players aren't being coached and it's individual brilliance. It's still early in the season. Make conclusion come January at least, like I know most football fans in England do. Not in September.

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
My bad. You being so reactionary at a one nil loss had me think otherwise

Okay, here's another angle, Ole is one man. He has a coaching staff of football experts. I highly doubt them as a collective are causing players to regress

This is the same Ole that was heralded in seasons past for improving players, but one loss at home, which I myself am upset at, and suddenly players aren't being coached and it's individual brilliance. It's still early in the season. Make conclusion come January at least, like I know most football fans in England do. Not in September.

we’ve lost 3 of the last 4 matches. Its not about one loss, its about poor performances most of the season. But its cool, let’s keep looking at the positives and keep smiling. :thumbsup:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
we’ve lost 3 of the last 4 matches. Its not about one loss, its about poor performances most of the season. But its cool, let’s keep looking at the positives and keep smiling. :thumbsup:

the brand of football that the team plays is rudimentary and pro-rata unproductive.

and that hasn't changed since he was appointed manager.

some people can see it and have seen it for years. others do not understand what they see on the field of play and will defend him until they run out of excuses.

but run out of excuses they will.

guaranteed.

:mjlol:

no need to get bogged down in arguments that have been answered countless times over the last few years.

just look forward to the bright day when the team starts to play like an actual team.

:blessed: