Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
Anderson's return to form may not be a false dawn :ohhh:

He's usually went shyt again by now, but he was great tonight, was our best attacking player, looked like something would happen everytime he got the ball.

But he wasn't man of the match, that was obviously Rafael, what a fukking player this lad is :bow: :bow:

Capitol

Did this work
Daps
Don't know if you any of you talked about it earlier, but how did you feel about Torres today?

Montez

Superstar
Daps
Anderson's return to form may not be a false dawn :ohhh:

He's usually went shyt again by now, but he was great tonight, was our best attacking player, looked like something would happen everytime he got the ball.

But he wasn't man of the match, that was obviously Rafael, what a fukking player this lad is :bow: :bow:

Best RB in the league not named Sagna :birdman:

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
tumblr_me7w1mbX601r1fq7do1_500.gif

:dead:

stillbetterthancassel.0_cinema_400.0.gif

:bryan:wot a week

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
Clint Dempsey: Helped and held back by the English Premier League »

There is a reason that the best players in the world by and large have avoided the English Premier League: the level of play there is inferior to the level of play in Germany, Spain, Italy, Holland, France, and Brazil.

For Clint Dempsey, the English Premier League was a lifeboat away from the low level of play in Major League Soccer, and Dempsey happily and wisely jumped ship. Despite the increased skill and level of competition that the English Premier League (EPL) offers, Dempsey should be playing in a league with more talented and creative players than the EPL

Dempsey’s brand of creative, attacking play modeled after studying Diego Maradona and playing with Latin American immigrants and their children in Texas put him in a position to be ideally-suited for a league with players with better ball control than is normally found in the EPL, but Dempsey’s toughness and work ethic allowed him to nevertheless succeed in the chaos of the long ball and reckless tackling of the EPL.

Clint Dempsey has always been somewhat short-changed in terms of the skill-level of his teammates by playing in the English Premier League, and he has unfortunately been incorrectly characterized as primarily a gritty player by many people, as opposed to being recognized as a technically-advanced and creative international-caliber attacking player with a fighting spirit that contributes defensively.

If Dempsey had played in Holland, Germany, and Italy like Michael Bradley had, Dempsey would have played with more skilled players, and he would have likely achieved more fame than he has already achieved.

The best thing for Clint Dempsey would be to use Tottenham as a platform to move up to a better team in Italy, Germany, France, or Spain. Given Clint Dempsey’s work ethic and his durability from injuries, Dempsey could serve a non-English club into his mid-thirties and maybe beyond.

One cannot help thinking that someone like Dempsey really wanted to play his club soccer in a country where skill, flair, and creativity were more appreciated and encouraged than they are in England.

If any American or United States national team fan thinks that the English Premier League has the highest level of soccer in the world, why was Michael Bradley basically not used by Aston Villa during his brief time in England while succeeding in countries with better national teams and players than England and the English Premier League? American soccer fans should hope Dempsey gets to play for a very fluid and dynamic team like Bradley plays for: Roma.

Speechless. And that's saying something coming from me :D Even I wouldn't go this far.

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
I love the **** witch-hunts. I like to think people just do it to fukk with one person...at least that's what I do it for :yeshrug:

I can't imagine anyone legitimately, to the bottom of their heart thinking that a particular poster is ****.

Except for Sierra Mist. That's fukking ****.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
I remember dude used to be a respected poster and JBO stalwart

never would've thought it ended like this