Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Great team goal from United. DvB and Martial with some good movement. Lingard with a top finish.

Pogba finna break the assist record at this rate.

And hes not really a EPL winger winger. His game is better suited to play in mainland Europe because he isnt your typical type of English attacker. He wants to come inside and play 1-2's and play the final pass.

100%. A couple times this game Sancho would get the ball in space but would almost wait for the defender to come to him so he could dribble past him.

These refs are more lenient this season.

I like it. Let the game flow.

That's why I'll keep saying that Donny and Martial need to play with him.

100%. I think that last goal Lingard scored shows exactly how Sancho, Donny and Martial could work. Nice, neat, intricate 1-2 passing and movement in tight spaces.

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
While its 1-0, I feel like in this game its coming down to shyt finishing, not a lack of creativity. I'm happy with that, for now.

I don't see how you can justify putting Xhaka back into this team tho
Actually, now that I'm done with the hype of the game, Xhaka does have his bright spots. But this game, I think Arteta might have realized Norwich weren't threatening on the counter and said fukk it and put Odegaard next to Partey. I need more games to evaluate. Pretty creative substitutions

• Dap
Reactions: jeh

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Yeah those sort of players who know how to pass move and link play up quickly. He would excel if he played in a 3421 under the right coach of course. Someone like Tuchel and Potter, Would work at Liverpool as the wingers play more in the half space as the FB's provide the width. Citeh would of been the best fit for him People forget that when he had his peak season at Dortmund he was playing more as a roaming SS with another player behind the striker. And it was Hakimi providing the width/patrolling the right flank. Just goes to show how many people actually watched Sancho when it wasnt highlights/comp videos and checking his stats.
That's understandable for regular people. Question is do Ole and United scouts watch more than highlights/comp videos and hype? :francis:

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
messi lingard 4 -1

91r-QRPC-d.jpg

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
100%. A couple times this game Sancho would get the ball in space but would almost wait for the defender to come to him so he could dribble past him.

I didnt watch the game. So ill ask was it more of a case of slowing the play waiting for someone to move/run into the space or was it more trying to get some confidence/crowd behind him sort of thing?

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
Thats because hes coached by the same person at both levels. :manny:

And hes not really a EPL winger winger. His game is better suited to play in mainland Europe because he isnt your typical type of English attacker. He wants to come inside and play 1-2's and play the final pass.
I mean, Sancho was good, showed some nice flashes, very encouraging.

Not sure how anyone could see different today.