Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

ThaPrez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
so first offseason signing... espinoza to wigan

talks about agudelo to celtic, well we'll see

i half-like and i dont-like these developments. usa only recently has developed two players for the honduran national team. both makes soccer stronger in the us, but hurts it at an international level, look at jamaica. of course america should be above these other countries, but i dont want it to turn into england

the hex is the strongest its ever been. blas playing for panama, bengtson/najar/espinoza for honduras, richards/taylor/palmer/cummings for jamaica
:comeon:

a couple of honduras players playing in your league is not the determining factor between whether they're better than you.

the good players will play regardless.

and there are many many more US players playing in the US league and it's not magically transforming them into being much stronger players.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
:comeon:

a couple of honduras players playing in your league is not the determining factor between whether they're better than you.

the good players will play regardless.

and there are many many more US players playing in the US league and it's not magically transforming them into being much stronger players.

agree, but bringing them up from college level, to the pros. developed them completely. they didnt just play here for a few years, they were completely developed. :yeshrug:

Commentary: Comeback Player award still confounding | MLSsoccer.com

great article about eddie johnson winning the comeback player of the year. comeback from what, exactly?

No MLS award brings out the critics like the Comeback Player of the Year, because there’s always one question that no one can quite seem to answer.

OK, so what constitutes a comeback anyway?

Is it when you step back on the field for the first time since a guy barreled into you and snapped your leg in two places? Or maybe your ankle was smashed about 18 months ago and then some dude went and broke your foot during a preseason game down at Disney World, of all places, just when you thought everything was getting back on track.

Is it when you score 13 goals the season after surgeons carved you up to repair tears in your abdominal muscle and both hip adductors? How about when you return to MLS after your father passes away, an event so emotionally traumatic that you took an indefinite leave of absence with three months left in the season?

Or, in the case of this year’s winner, maybe you broke back onto the MLS scene after some European teams couldn’t find any room for you and a Mexican team passed you by because they said you couldn’t even pass the physical exam.

So goes the plight of Eddie Johnson, the Seattle Sounders forward who won the second Comeback Player of the Year Award of his career on Tuesday for what seems to be a comeback from, well, no one seems to know.

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
BrowserPreview_tmp.gif

ndgt.gif

Capitol

Did this work
Daps
I know it's crazy. When I actually start caring about it and spreading it around they take it away :bryan:

Capitol

Did this work
Daps
I thought that was going to be bullshyt but I'm impressed. No use in complaining about people finding out. Shouldn't have put the info out there like he wanted to brag:mjpls:

If there are some really shytty people here I bet she gets harassed for a while on twitter or whatever she uses:pachaha: