Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
wild games in the chilean league playoffs (i'm living up to my coli stereotype, me)

colo colo goes through while losing 5-4 at home, and now la u de chile lost their home leg 4-1? i mean, where else do you see this ridiculously wild stuff
OT:

I been meaning to ask with regards to the Coli gambling, and gambling in general. Why do so many people put money down on match ups that are even odds? Shouldnt they just get their money back and nothing else? There is the risk of losing that money, and no reward.

Maybe I am seeing it wrong, but I dont get it.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
OT:

I been meaning to ask with regards to the Coli gambling, and gambling in general. Why do so many people put money down on match ups that are even odds? Shouldnt they just get their money back and nothing else? There is the risk of losing that money, and no reward.

Maybe I am seeing it wrong, but I dont get it.

you're seeing it wrong.

if i bet $10 at even odds, i win $10 and get my original $10 back = 20.

doubled my money basically. and most american sports matchups (point spreads) have even-ish odds.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
you're seeing it wrong.

if i bet $10 at even odds, i win $10 and get my original $10 back = 20.

doubled my money basically. and most american sports matchups (point spreads) have even-ish odds.
:ohhh:

I see now, that changes everything.

What if it is not even odds? Like a 1:3?

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
:ohhh:

I see now, that has changes everything.

What if it is not even odds? Like a 1:3?

then if i bet those 10 on a -300 aka 1/3 then i'd get 3.33 plus my original $10 back = 13.33. obviously you win less if the odds are like this. 1/3 would be something like an easy home win.

and then +300 would see you get $30 win + 10 original bet = 40.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
then if i bet those 10 on a -300 aka 1/3 then i'd get 3.33 plus my original $10 back = 13.33. obviously you win less if the odds are like this. 1/3 would be something like an easy home win.

and then +300 would see you get $30 win + 10 original bet = 40.
thank u sir.

ThaPrez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
he picked out a couple today tho.

The problem wasnt him today. It was poor play from the wings (Podolski with another nonperformance) and everyone jumping on Arteta now since its kind of clear he aint that great.

It was a terrible attacking performance, but it wasnt Ramsey. He at least had a couple of chances because he ran into the penalty area.
:mindblown:

he's had a run of poor games but he is an excellent player and makes an important contribution.

he's the metronome of that shyt, keeping it ticking. when we have an in form wilshere in front of him it goes a bit smoother cos wilshere can do the shyt which arteta never will... i mean driving forwards, committing defenders by running at them.

ThaPrez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Don't really understand what you're getting at here tbh. Nobody worth buying in Jan.
Would take Huntelaar if those reports are true.

Giroud will be fine but we need more competition up there (not Theo, he's not a fukking CF) and Huntelaar's movement with Wilshere and Cazorla behind him would be dangerous.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
:mindblown:

he's had a run of poor games but he is an excellent player and makes an important contribution.

he's the metronome of that shyt, keeping it ticking. when we have an in form wilshere in front of him it goes a bit smoother cos wilshere can do the shyt which arteta never will... i mean driving forwards, committing defenders by running at them.

I didnt call him shyt, I just said its easier for teams to take him out the game. And it obviously hurts the team since he is that important to the attack.

Its true even with Jack.

KOTK

Pro
Daps
Would take Huntelaar if those reports are true.

Giroud will be fine but we need more competition up there (not Theo, he's not a fukking CF) and Huntelaar's movement with Wilshere and Cazorla behind him would be dangerous.
Yeah it's pretty ridiculous if he's available for pocket change, must buy. Would have a more thna decent chancer of becoming first choice.