Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Looks like Messi is really gone.

La Liga would have to create an exemption clause, and I would be surprised if the other teams agreed to it.
And without Messi, the wage bill is still 95% of club's income which 25% over the recommended limit.

African_brehda

Superstar
Daps
Don't worry you still got other naive Spanish speakers at Barca to support.

tenor.gif

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Greizmann like :whew:, I already got my exorbitant contract. Not taking a cut for no one. :sas2:

He is probably the most to blame. As Barca had to pay in full upfront to sign him from Atletico they had to go in to their cash reserves to do so. Not that it matters as Rona would of still taken up those reserves anyway. But I'm sure it would of given them more flexibility with their debts/creditors.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
He is probably the most to blame. As Barca had to pay in full upfront to sign him from Atletico they had to go in to their cash reserves to do so. Not that it matters as Rona would of still taken up those reserves anyway. But I'm sure it would of given them more flexibility with their debts/creditors.
Barça board didnt have to get Grizzi in the 1st place... They were already deep in wage fukkery and they piled on it anyway. Cant blame him for fleecing them :manny:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Barça board didnt have to get Grizzi in the 1st place... They were already deep in wage fukkery and they piled on it anyway. Cant blame him for fleecing them :manny:

They tried to outdo Real at what Real do best but Real has always been like this since the 50's. It's in Reals DNA even if it is tied to Franco/King of Spain.

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth

Absolutely ridiculous deal. They paid around 100m for him and then gave him an abscene wage like he was a free transfer. bonkers.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
They tried to outdo Real at what Real do best but Real has always been like this since the 50's. It's in Reals DNA even if it is tied to Franco/King of Spain.
I really don't understand what maths Barto was doing. Their wage-to-revenue was at 84% in 2018 and that is with the safe zone being below 70%. Their wage bill is now at 95% (without Messi :mindblown:) so the maths was never adding up and knowing this they still gave Grizzi 800K a week :mindblown: