Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Piff Huxtable

Delaney 2020,2024,2028...
Daps
England was more like the 2002 Nets than the second best team in the tournament

Italy beat better teams in the quarter and semifinal

Daps
Reppin
The Caribbean
England was more like the 2002 Nets than the second best team in the tournament

Italy beat better teams in the quarter and semifinal

Blew out Denmark who they themselves blew out teams. Soundly beat Germany. It was expected to be Italy's defense vs England's attack

Don't mind me. Colonizer's country or not, this is painful

Edit: blew out Ukraine. Not Denmark

Daps
Reppin
The Caribbean
It definitely was not Italy defense vs England attack though :patrice:

Y’all defended all game. Italy was way more progressive

Like I said. Expected. Of course we revert back to hoofing it when it really counts, but Harry Kane, Raheem Sterling, Marcus Rashford, Jason Sancho etc. is world class attacking talent.

Just didn't show when it mattered

:mjcry:

Daps
Reppin
The Caribbean
Ya but Southgate hasn’t unleashed you guys….almost ever. He needs to go

I'm still in my emotions, but apart of me thinks this is still progress. England haven't made it this far in over half a century.

But another part of me wonders if this is the peak of the Southgate era and maybe a change is needed, but who? Southgate probably didn't even expect to last this long. It's up to him I think. If he sees where he can progress the team, he's earned staying, but if he doesn't think he can, I hope he has it in him to bow out gracefully. No shame in losing how we did (far as the actual match. Far as jokes, we're getting ribbed about this for years)

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
I'm still in my emotions, but apart of me thinks this is still progress. England haven't made it this far in over half a century.

But another part of me wonders if this is the peak of the Southgate era and maybe a change is needed, but who? Southgate probably didn't even expect to last this long. It's up to him I think. If he sees where he can progress the team, he's earned staying, but if he doesn't think he can, I hope he has it in him to bow out gracefully. No shame in losing how we did (far as the actual match. Far as jokes, we're getting ribbed about this for years)
I feel as though Southgate is who he is as a manager. I thought this job was too big for him then and I think so now. England is blessed with a bit of a golden generation rn and ya they had a good tournament but it wasn’t a great one tactically and performance wise in my opinion. England needs to be more brave and he isn’t the guy for that.

bear27

All Star
Supporter
Daps
have a home tournament masquerade as pan-european event, be in the easy half of the bracket, get help from the refs against mighty Denmark, be up 1-0 after 3 minutes, be up 2-1 in the penalty shootout, and still not get over the hump

fukk England :mjlol:
Dap n rep

Awaits engish c*nts being scumbags and racists
Won't take long

Daps
Reppin
The Caribbean
I feel as though Southgate is who he is as a manager. I thought this job was too big for him then and I think so now. England is blessed with a bit of a golden generation rn and ya they had a good tournament but it wasn’t a great one tactically and performance wise in my opinion. England needs to be more brave and he isn’t the guy for that.

I think it's a Golden generation as far as attacking talent and Luke Shaw. Ask anyone before the tournament and they'd tell you in heartbeat that Rio and Terry are head and shoulders better than Maguire and Stones. Same with Gerrard, Lampard. But we've never had so many attacking options. It's a result of revamping our youth policy some years ago, but I've always felt countries such as Spain, Italy, Germany etc. always are ahead in developing their young players tactically and technically and we're always playing catch up. We barely even have good enough managers compared to the countries previously mentioned.

I can go on with the problems with English football. But I'm gonna just stop, grieve, and enjoy the jokes.

bear27

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Mannnn. Rashford and Sancho are getting booed at every stadium this season for United

:bryan::snoop::mjcry:
No need
At all
Not on them
Cold taking pens
fukk off(not you obviously)
But that's beyond dumb

Soughgate gave me chants 25 years ago and did it again

He deserves a statue:russ:

null

Daps
Reppin