Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Slim Charles

All Star
Daps
I still believe a more dynamic England would be just as effective i.e play Mount, Foden, Sancho but fair play to Southgate this team is hard to score against. It's ugly and boring but this tournament football and to keep 4 clean sheets, 3 against Germany, Croatia and Czech is impressive. The concern I have is against a better passing team Phillips and Rice will be given the run around or a resolute defence, there will lack the creativity to break them down.

But the gamble so far is paying off. Be organised, cautious and hope that the attackers are clinical enough to get 1 or 2 goals. Grealish off the bench works very well.

I'm a very cynical England fan over the past 15 years and barely watched them for a decade they were so trash but I honestly could see England getting to the final without even conceding. Again it's ugly but lot of teams won international tournaments this way.

Italy or Spain would be favourites as I think both would break England down. But I reckon Belgium at Wembley with it being a home game for England would bottle it in a game England would make ugly.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
In what world is selling Xhaka for a loss a good decision? Just like buying that Ben White dude for £50m

Lmao fans let these useless board members off the hook big time.
It's good for Roma and good luck trying to sell Xhaka for profit.

• Dap
Reactions: EA

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
In what world is selling Xhaka for a loss a good decision? Just like buying that Ben White dude for £50m

Lmao fans let these useless board members off the hook big time.

We would have had a hard time breaking even if we tried to sell Xhaka a year after buying him. His value is in the mud.

J Money

No weapon formed against me shall prosper
Daps
It's good for Roma and good luck trying to sell Xhaka for profit.
We would have had a hard time breaking even if we tried to sell Xhaka a year after buying him. His value is in the mud.

Arsenal have more problems than Xhaka regardless, no need to sell him for a loss. Club is terribly run

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
Arsenal have more problems than Xhaka regardless, no need to sell him for a loss. Club is terribly run

We're definitely terribly ran but Xhaka's value is only going to get lower. He's 28 with 2 years left on his deal so this is probably the best they can get for him. We know he's not gonna turn into Xabi Alonso anytime soon so it's not like his value will increase :manny:

J Money

No weapon formed against me shall prosper
Daps
We're definitely terribly ran but Xhaka's value is only going to get lower. He's 28 with 2 years left on his deal so this is probably the best they can get for him. We know he's not gonna turn into Xabi Alonso anytime soon so it's not like his value will increase :manny:

True I hear that.

• Dap
Reactions: EA

Montez

Superstar
Daps
Arsenal in a tough spot this summer. No European football with a bloated squad which includes a bunch of players who aren’t good enough for the only league with money.

Only the British lads and the two Gabriel’s would we make a profit on.

DrHackenbush

Happy wars/sad love songs
Daps
Arsenal in a tough spot this summer. No European football with a bloated squad which includes a bunch of players who aren’t good enough for the only league with money.

Only the British lads and the two Gabriel’s would we make a profit on.

Yup..A lot of squatters in that squad collecting a nicely fat weekly wage. If they can scrape the money together though Alexander Isak would be a great signing

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Euro 2020: French stars 'involved in bust-ups DURING shock exit to Switzerland' | Daily Mail Online

Says everything started with Giroud and Mbrappe incident.

Senior players Mandanda, Lloris and Sissoko grew fed up of Mbrappe

Dembele getting injured lowered moral as he and Pogba are a few within the squad that gets on with everyone. Especially with Mbappe, Giroud, Griezmann and Benzema.

They didn't get to see their families to much as they didn't have a home base and flying all over Europe to play games. Hated the hotel they were staying at. Apparently Pogba suggested they should stay elsewhere by a lake. ( I assume for better scenery fresher air and to get a better moral/harmony) but the French FA was like nope.

Last edited:

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
Euro 2020: French stars 'involved in bust-ups DURING shock exit to Switzerland' | Daily Mail Online

Says everything started with Giroud and Mbrappe incident.

Senior players grew fed up of Mbrappe

Dembele getting injured lowered moral as he and Pogba are a few within the squad that gets on with everyone.

They didn't get to see their families as they didn't have a home base and flying all over Europe to play games.
It's like a tradition that the French team self implode every couple of years before, during and after a major tournament.

And surprise, surprise, Pogba is getting blamed.

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo