Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

concise

Veteran
Daps

I guess Mexico will never play a home game in front of fans again, because they’re never going to get rid that chant. It’s ingrained in Mexican football, and TBH it’s just fun to scream. That’s my favorite part of going to México games.

They'll just play in the US instead. :skip:

Whats the anti gay chant they’re referring to? Puto?

isnt the World Cup gonna be in a country that hates gays anyways? :pachaha:

Yea, it is puto.

I remember when the soccer moms and corporate suits basically killed the "you suck, a$$hole" chants in the States. :mjlol: idk how they'd do the same in Mexican culture. Point deductions might be the only way.

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was checking the some off the watch alongs before the England game. I predicted a tie, all the English fools were talking bout 3/2-0.

In my mind, I'm like what England team have your watched under Southgate. To think they finna run through any team like some Roman Soldiers , especially Scotland. Who this game actually mean something to at that:mjlol:

Daps
Scotland deserved to win that. England team has no passion, no urgency nothing

Soon as I heard Rio Ferdinand predict 3-0 I knew that was the kiss of death

How the fukk this guy made a career out of being a pundit I'll never know :mjlol::rudy::camby:

Rio rubbing his hands together like Birdman :mjlol:

Yeah I said somewhere earlier on in this thread , if you want to have a bet, always bet on the opposite of what Rio says.

He got virtually every prediction wrong when being a pundit on CL shows this year

But for some reason and I don't know why , i like him as a pundit, which surprises me as I could not stand him as a player, i really disliked him when he was a player ( all though i always thought he was good and one of the best, just didn't like him )

DrHackenbush

Happy wars/sad love songs
Daps
Yeah I said somewhere earlier on in this thread , if you want to have a bet, always bet on the opposite of what Rio says.

He got virtually every prediction wrong when being a pundit on CL shows this year

But for some reason and I don't know why , i like him as a pundit, which surprises me as I could not stand him as a player, i really disliked him when he was a player ( all though i always thought he was good and one of the best, just didn't like him )

Yeah, didn't he say City would win the CL final 3-1 :mjlol:

He's way too emotional and biased to be a good pundit

Daps
Yeah, didn't he say City would win the CL final 3-1 :mjlol:

He's way too emotional and biased to be a good pundit

Yeah he was convinced City would win the CL, I'm not saying he is a good pundit, I've just grown to like him as a pundit ,
I think it all started in the world cup when he was showing his South London roots with the way he was talking and he was loving the videos of everyone celebrating goals England scored

I like the fact he is biased and that he is not afraid to admit he doesn't want to see teams like Man City and Liverpool do well and win because of his Man U connection, but will still praise them and their managers and say how good they are

Also he won't criticise Ole which is good because every fan wants Ole at the wheel for as long as possible apart from Man U fans :lolbron:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Typical British derby. No team deserved to win outright but Scotland had the better control over the 90. It was definitely a whoever scores first wins type game.

Until England find a tempo passer in midfield and play quick transitions like the majority of their players do for their club teams they will continue to struggle with this wannabe Spanish possession they are trying to do. It just isn't the way English/British football is you have to add the elements that make the PL what it is the high intensity and pace of play. Not the lethargic dross that has been played over the past 24 months or so. England need to make teams come on to them more and then spring the counter.

Grealish Sancho Foden Rashford Saka Sterling all thrive when they have space to drive/run into from quick turnovers/counters. Mount is better as counter player than as a possession player. Rice and Phillips play in teams that counter at pace. Kane had his best season playing more as counter player than as a typical #9.

Only things Waistcoat got right was bring Grealish on early in the 63rd min instead of with 10-15 mins to go like he usually does and take Kane off.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Interesting :jbhmm:

Henderson isn't it either nice try tho. Billy Gilmour/Frankie De Jong is exactly the type of player England need to start developing. The hard working effort all round midfielders don't cut it. Why you think everyone gone overboard on the Grealish and Foden hype train because they are different from what is normally produced. Foden might become that sort of player in the future but he has to start playing CM more.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Henderson isn't it either nice try tho. Billy Gilmour/Frankie De Jong is exactly the type of player England need to start developing. The hard working effort all round midfielders don't cut it. Why you think everyone gone overboard on the Grealish and Foden hype train because they are different from what is normally produced. Foden might become that sort of player in the future but he has to start playing CM more.
It's 2021 and England still needs a Carrick type and a Scholes type in the midfield :hubie:

Only difference is that since it's modern football instead of Fat Frank and Gerrard there's two d-mids in there