Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Last time they let Haiti play Copa América they lost 7–1 against Brazil and 4–0 against Ecuador.

They could run qualifiers so only the top 16 teams play the tournament. So you’d likely get the 10 CONMBOL nations plus 6 of the better CONCACAF nations (MX, US, Costa Rica, Canada, Haiti and someone else)

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Man they need to do a combined Americas cup and call it a day.

Iirc they were kinda talking about it a few years ago (might even be as far back as a decade ago tbf). Especially when they use to send the invites out. But once the US sent their B/C team because they saving the A's for the Gold Cup (I think it might of been the year of the Gio Dos Santos worldie vs US in the final) the CONMBOL weren't best pleased and felt disrespected. And I've never really heard anything about combining it ever since.

Yehuda

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They could run qualifiers so only the top 16 teams play the tournament. So you’d likely get the 10 CONMBOL nations plus 6 of the better CONCACAF nations (MX, US, Costa Rica, Canada, Haiti and someone else)

I'd be a lot more interested in them letting Mexican clubs raise hell in the Libertadores again TBH.

Montez

Superstar
Daps
Iirc they were kinda talking about it a few years ago (might even be as far back as a decade ago tbf). Especially when they use to send the invites out. But once the US sent their B/C team because they saving the A's for the Gold Cup (I think it might of been the year of the Gio Dos Santos worldie vs US in the final) the CONMBOL weren't best pleased and felt disrespected. And I've never really heard anything about combining it ever since.

Twas in 2008, I remember because US folks were defending prioritizing the gold cup because they thought it would be an advantage to be in South Africa a year before everyone.

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
That’s pretty much a Copa America then, just with MX and US as constant fixtures. IIRC, CONMEBOL invites 2 other nations a year so they have at least 12 for the tournament.

Pretty much. I mean CONCACAF is basically Mexico and US. They should just let them participate in Americas competition through CONMEBOL. Mexico vs Brazil is always fukkery

TOAD99

Veteran
Daps
Pretty much. I mean CONCACAF is basically Mexico and US. They should just let them participate in Americas competition through CONMEBOL. Mexico vs Brazil is always fukkery

word, why don’t they let the US and Mexico play in the Copa America with the Brazil’s and Colombia etc ?

CBSkyline

Chill
Daps
If Tahiti can compete in the Confederations Cup, than Guyana should be given a chance to play Venezuela and Brazil in Copa America, if only for the fukkery :russ: