Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

JDH

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Why is Ben Godfrey never in the England squad conversations

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK

By far the best bit of Brenton Rodgers folklore

Brendan Rodgers can remember registering a brief moment of alarm. As Celtic manager, he is used to being way out in front so to be left sitting behind a line of stopped traffic in Glasgow's Clyde Tunnel was frustrating in itself.

Then the door of a car in front opened. The first thing that struck Rodgers was the colour of the top the man approaching him was wearing – blue.
“Ok, here we go”, thought the Celtic manager, glancing down to make sure the lock button of his driver’s door was switched on.

But rather than be met with a volley of abuse, or worse, Rodgers was about to be handed the latest pleasant surprise since his introduction to Scottish football, 11 months ago.

The Rangers fan leaned in. “He said: ‘I just wanted to say thank you for coming up to Scottish football. I’m a Rangers supporter but you are a breath of fresh air up here’,” recalled Rodgers yesterday.

tenor.gif

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
missed maths back at school brehs :picard:
Serious question, do you actually enjoy supporting the team? You don't seem too, you seem to just say everyone and everything is shyt/not good enough. You have to let yourself enjoy the experience and have a little perspective at the progress we're making. :jbhmm:

I'm as realistic as anyone, we're not there yet, but we're much closer than we were under Mourinho/LVG/Moyes, especially given the emergence of Klopp's Liverpool, and the re-emergence of Pep's City as huge forces.

What exactly do you want?:ld:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Serious question, do you actually enjoy supporting the team? You don't seem too, you seem to just say everyone and everything is shyt/not good enough. You have to let yourself enjoy the experience and have a little perspective at the progress we're making. :jbhmm:

I'm as realistic as anyone, we're not there yet, but we're much closer than we were under Mourinho/LVG/Moyes, especially given the emergence of Klopp's Liverpool, and the re-emergence of Pep's City as huge forces.

What exactly do you want?:ld:

on topic:

Serious question: do you understand how maguire playing more games than practically everyone else is going to skew those figures? If he plays more he is going to pass more in total (~ceteris paribus) right? why are you discounting percentages?

What exactly do you want?:ld:do you want other people to ignore maths?

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
on topic:

Serious question: do you understand how maguire playing more games than practically everyone else is going to skew those figures? If he plays more he is going to pass more in total (~ceteris paribus) right? why are you discounting percentages?

What exactly do you want?:ld:do you want other people to ignore maths?
Yes, I understand that, but it doesn't change the fact he's had a good season after a shaky(understandable given circumstances) start. If he's been shyt i'll say he's been shyt, if he's good i'll say he's been good, I don't have any biases or agendas here, I want what's best for the team :yeshrug:

He is quite literally the least of our problems. Why are you so dead set against him? Because he's English and you feel he gets too much love for it? Genuinely what is it?:jbhmm:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Yes, I understand that, but it doesn't change the fact he's had a good season after a shaky(understandable given circumstances) start. If he's been shyt i'll say he's been shyt, if he's good i'll say he's been good, I don't have any biases or agendas here, I want what's best for the team :yeshrug:

He is quite literally the least of our problems. Why are you so dead set against him? Because he's English and you feel he gets too much love for it? Genuinely what is it?:jbhmm:

"%-ages vs. raw numbers" should just result in you thanking me for pointing out the error and then moving on.

From your initial response you have focused on opinion, what-if's and emotion ("hate"). And here you go again with more emotional babble.

No one comes here to read a jumble of special-bus dont-understand-percentages / emotional babble. Create a babble thread for that sort of sequence of posts and I promise I will avoid the thread altogether.

Unfortunately there is only one main soccer thread on here, so it might be an idea to keep skipped-school pollution to a minimum ..

:hubie:

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
"%-ages vs. raw numbers" should just result in you thanking me for pointing out the error and then moving on.

From your initial response you have focused on opinion, what-if's and emotion ("hate"). And here you go again with more emotional babble.

No one comes here to read a jumble of special-bus dont-understand-percentages / emotional babble. Create a babble thread for that sort of sequence of posts and I promise I will avoid the thread altogether.

Unfortunately there is only one main soccer thread on here, so it might be an idea to keep skipped-school pollution to a minimum ..

:hubie:
Ehhhh, I was just trying to be nice and understand where you're coming from. I mean, I'm aware you're one of those plastic youtube watching brehs but I was willing to hear you out. You enjoy the rest of your weekend seething about us winning:mjcry:

Montez

Superstar
Daps

I'll give him a pass today but moving forward I would love to see more kids in the squad. I don't want to see Ceballos, Bellerin, Leno, and Holding in Arsenal kits ever again.

Fear for Saka, he looks fried and that's typically when injuries start to pop up.

By far the best bit of Brenton Rodgers folklore

tenor.gif

:dead::dead:

Never forget