Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Sukairain

Shahenshah
Daps
Reppin
Straiya
It's all fun and games until you take a sip of polonium tea :demonic:

I can't get by the paywall but here's a comment from reddit

I never understood why Gazprom sponsors football so heavily. Like who watches football thinking "I really need to change my industrial gas provider" :dead: If they had some subsidiary which did gas for individual, home customers, I could see it, but Gazprom only does bulk gas supply straight to foreign governments

Daps
Reppin
The Caribbean
Most of these footballers aren't charismatic or have any real command/presence.

They let the white boys get away with it and call it 'being a right lad', but yeah, most em pretty bland. Pogba and Lingard were told they don't care as much as previous United players because of dancing and trying to show they have personality with their handshakes and celebrating. Jesse was damn near hounded out the club for it despite scoring in like 3 finals. This West Ham spell has saved him.

I think though that sometimes players try keep a low profile due to the media being so ruthless and backstabbing over there. You're a 'character' one moment, then you have a bad game for England or are responsible for a loss and suddenly it's a campaign on how you're a 'virus', a distraction and getting death threats and bullets sent to you in the mail