Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Daps
Fair play to him. I very much doubt the Glazers have the stones to do this.

However, I still think its more Chelsea/City accepting UEFA's offer that brought this whole thing crumbling down. :manny: They didnt need the Super League.

Yeah I agree, if City/ Chelsea didn't leave first, none of the other 4 would have left.

It also sounds like they have no intention of selling and leaving which I think every Liverpool fan wants now.

I think that was just a damage limitation pr exercise to try and get fans back on their side

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Yeah I agree, if City/ Chelsea didn't leave first, none of the other 4 would have left.

It also sounds like they have no intention of selling and leaving which I think every Liverpool fan wants now.

I think that was just a damage limitation pr exercise to try and get fans back on their side

He still just won't learn his lessons. He has to understand now the English club fans just aren't like American franchise fans.

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
It's true in this case though, the American owners copped the most heat from the fans and the biggest grievance fans had was the Americanisation of football. It's different to when Souness accused "Latin types" of being divers etc.
But that could’ve been articulated without the “propa country” tag. I’m surprised he didn’t end his rant with “brexit means brexit!”

Roberto Firmino

#GoonLife
Daps
Reppin
Naija

It's cute he thinks this will appease the fans :heh:

This is not the final straw for me cause I already been fukk FSG since what they done to the King and I don't feel strongly about the SL, yea it was a bad idea but I also see through all the other bullshyt and have no illusions about football at the top level but it will be for loads, they will probably be able to weather the storm through the end of the season but once the fans are back in properly come next season it's gonna get HOT :whew: I give it 18 months tops :blessed:

I mean I been trying to make this point when fools were going on about closed shops and merit, etc just how bullshyt this new format is too but nikkas wanna get all emotional :manny:

He still just won't learn his lessons. He has to understand now the English club fans just aren't like American franchise fans.
No he won't and it's a step too far this time I think, he/they still don't understand this club one bit and this is like the 4th or 5th time they've had to fall back and apologize and it's gonna be empty af to most.

BelieveBeOK

Superstar
Daps
That’s why the English clubs are the biggest c*nts here tbf. Those other clubs may have been sitting, green eyed looking at the PL and wanting their slice but fact is they’re actually fukked financially, you can almost understand it.

English clubs could survive the pandemic no problem, just absolute pure greed from them.
Pure greed from the English?

Barcelona and Real Madrid suffocate the rest of La Liga with TV right deals, reducing the quality of the overall product. To make matters worse, they are out here spending €100 million + on the likes of Coutinho, Dembele and Griezmann, €1 million + a week on Ronaldo and Messi's wages.

They've been burning through cash and borrowing from banks with reckless abandon for a decade to satisfy their vanity just so they can say they have the best players in the world. Just two days ago, Florentino was talking about buying Mbappe.

Premier League on the other hand is a lot more frugal in terms of their spending and have an equitable distribution of TV money, therefore making the overall product a lot stronger and financially stable.

For years Barca and Real Madrid shat on PL clubs, bragging about having the best players in world and being able to cherry pick any Premier League player they wanted (Courtois, Suarez, Hazard, Coutinho, Ronaldo, Mascherano, Alonso, Modric, Bale)

They didn't care what it cost to be in that position. but now that the chips are falling down, Premier League clubs are greedy for not wanting to allow the Spanish Clubs to leverage off their appeal? :mjtf:

Last edited:

Sukairain

Shahenshah
Daps
Reppin
Straiya
But that could’ve been articulated without the “propa country” tag. I’m surprised he didn’t end his rant with “brexit means brexit!”

:dead:

PROPA football, PROPA country. None of this false 9 crap or sissy continental tactics. fukk your tiki taka and your gegenpress. Just get the big centre half to hoof it forward to the 6 ft 6 target man, and let him fight it out in the air against the opposition defender just like the Battle of Britain. That is the beautiful game. England for the English. Brexitball. Brexit means Brexit!

Sukairain

Shahenshah
Daps
Reppin
Straiya
Pure greed from the English?

Barcelona and Real Madrid suffocate the rest of La Liga with TV right deals, reducing the quality of the overall product. To make matters worse, they are out here spending €100 million + on the likes of Coutinho, Dembele and Griezmann, €1 million + a week on Ronaldo and Messi's wages.

They've been burning through cash and borrowing from banks with reckless abandon for a decade to satisfy their vanity just so they can say they have the best players in the world. Just two days ago, Florentino was talking about buying Mbappe.

Premier League on the other hand is a lot more frugal in terms of their spending and have an equitable distribution of TV money, therefore making the overall product a lot stronger and financially stable.

For years Barca and Real Madrid shat on PL clubs, bragging about having the best players in world and being able to cherry pick any Premier League player they wanted (Suarez, Coutinho, Ronaldo, Mascherano, Alonso, Modric, Bale)

They didn't care what it cost to be in that position. but now that the chips are falling down, Premier League clubs are greedy for not wanting to allow the Spanish Clubs to leverage off their appeal? :mjtf:

Goes back even longer. Anelka, Beckham, van Nistelrooy, Robben, Fabregas, Henry. Just about every great PL player except for most of the British ones and a few foreign players like Drogba were hoovered up by the big 2 Spanish clubs for the last 30 years

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Said it already but new CL format is garbage. Too many games on an already full out schedule that might force leagues to get rid of their league cups. Also even stronger safety net for bigs with that Swiss formula.

However it does also give smaller teams more CL games and therefore more TV and home game revenue. Telling that ESL was worse.

What I take from this whole fiasco is that there has to have some new EU regulation for pro clubs that they should be 51% owned by their fans à la Bundesliga.

That wouldnt fix the unfairness of bigger clubs (see Bayern or BVB) but at least would prevent ownership from being totally disconnected from its base.