Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Was this shyt just a bluff LMAO ? I hope JP Morgan recontracts their SL contract and take them to the cleaners if it's true.:pachaha:

A reminder of something that Florentino Pérez said earlier today:

"The contract of the Super League is binding. Nobody can leave, we will work all together. All the clubs signed the contracts last Saturday, there’s no problem."

I have no idea. Glazers and Kroenke might be clueless enough and Perez delusional enough to think Super League would've been welcomed with open arms :manny:

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
How is the CL a closed league? :stopitslime:

I remember teams like Deportivo, APOEL, Leicester making it to the latter stages of the competition. If West Ham finish 4th or higher they will make it in. Man United has missed out on qualification several times. Arsenal... :mjlol:

I agree that the allocation of places to the CL is too lopsided. If I had my way only champions of leagues would be in the competition. But it's not a closed competition.

I think the monstrosity of this idea has shocked a lot of people into realizing that yes, football has been fukked up for a while, and also, even by football's fukked up ness today, this new proposal is 10 times even more fukked up. The final step I hope the sport makes is to not only dead the Super League, but use this opportunity to fix the sport for good at the league and intercontinental level.

End of the day it's not going to get fixed for good.

The super league plan was to either actually launch a new league or strong arm uefa. The latter is going to happen and what the big clubs want is more money and guaranteed placements. Idk how feasible more money is, but I'm sure many TV deals and sponsors can be shaken down. Guaranteed placements to be is a no go, and if they give in to this then champions league is just as bad as any alternative.
In other news, Aguero seems to be going to Barça. @Yayo Toure , is he going on a free transfer ?

Yeah his contract is up so he goes there for free.

Bitter sweet ending for him but he really can't stay fit. Lucky for him Barca have some of the best physios, if he can get on the pitch no doubt he has more goals left in him.

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
it's all about ratings
in the champions league, the matches between rich, big teams get the highest ratings than a big team against a csk moscow

more viewers, more sponsorship, more money

lets be honest, if it passes through, this super league would get more views than even the PL on average

i was going to come in here and write a thesis on why this shyt will succeed but then I just seen some PL teams dropping like flies :pachaha:

this is more hectic than nba off season

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
X4DDxmG.png

fukk Mourinhoe. :pacspit:

Sukairain

Shahenshah
Daps
Reppin
Straiya
Credit to Chelsea fans for that protest which helped make their club the first to withdraw. Now they're all following suit. The chain was only ever going to be as strong as its links.

They should all be thrashed to within an inch of their lives regardless. Relegation, transfer bans, huge fines, forced share sale to fan groups. I want to see blood :demonic: and perhaps when they have shed enough blood to atone for their sins, I can find it in my heart to support Inter again. Until then though :pacspit: