Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Can someone explain what happens with players contract if FIFA decides to kick these club out? Could the be a loophole in which a player is no longer contracted with a club because essentially they are not a professional football team anymore? At least during the time the Superleague is official and FIFA gives them the :camby:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
The shyt was over as soon as the Oligarchs and Sheiks got involved.

The thing about soccer is it's NOT the NBA or NFL. It's more akin to college sports here in the states where there's 100+ years of history and small schools knock off big ones all the time in the NCAA tournament. But College Football is trash because we can count on our hands how many programs can even contend....it's fukking boring.

Relegation was the last bastion of what felt like "fairness" in the sport. The players are going to go...FLAT OUT. No one's gonna go play for Southampton and an EPL title when they can go ride the bench for AC Milan and make 4x as much.

If I was FIFA I'd do even more. No transfers to the super league either. You wanna make a super league..you make it YOUR LEAGUE you cannot have any of our players.

I've never even seen American sports shyt on their own history in such a disgusting way like this.

preach breh preach

this is why you have to be very careful who you sell your club to :hubie:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
The shyt was over as soon as the Oligarchs and Sheiks got involved.

The thing about soccer is it's NOT the NBA or NFL. It's more akin to college sports here in the states where there's 100+ years of history and small schools knock off big ones all the time in the NCAA tournament. But College Football is trash because we can count on our hands how many programs can even contend....it's fukking boring.

Relegation was the last bastion of what felt like "fairness" in the sport. The players are going to go...FLAT OUT. No one's gonna go play for Southampton and an EPL title when they can go ride the bench for AC Milan and make 4x as much.

If I was FIFA I'd do even more. No transfers to the super league either. You wanna make a super league..you make it YOUR LEAGUE you cannot have any of our players.

I've never even seen American sports shyt on their own history in such a disgusting way like this.
bruh, I WISH USA sports had relegation...this shyt is wild...

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
I would be completely sold on a super league if there was some kind of relegation or disciplinary caution for shytty teams and each season a new team or two being added. like a regular league, but yeah, if it's the same team every year, I can't get jiggy with that....

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Players gonna get fucced and they don't even realize it. These NFL owners are gonna put in a salary cap.

It does sound like it's a project that would instill a salary cap. But if fukking Florentino is the president, one would guess he's doing this so he can back to the Galácticos fukkery and not worry about financial fair play.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I would be completely sold on a super league if there was some kind of relegation or disciplinary caution for shytty teams and each season a new team or two being added. like a regular league, but yeah, if it's the same team every year, I can't get jiggy with that....

well they said 5 more teams would be added through domestic competitions :troll: