Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
15-16 was a joke and he really should have been fired sooner than he was. Chelsea won the league in 14-15 but he set us back several years in the process. Spurs fans will be saying the same and at best they will only have a Carling Cup to show for it.

He really deserves all the ridicule he's getting now. He is a complete caricature of the old Mourinho.
Was the old mourinho ever all that tho when we look back? Because the moment football tactics became super progressive Mourinho was outta here. Mourinho must hate Pep like a mf for that?
You have to wonder where he would be now in if he never went to RM and get humbled. :wow:

Montez

Superstar
Daps
Why the fuss about Trent Alexander Arnold terrible defensive capabilities? it's been like forever. Only problem is Liverpool was winning then and VVD was healthy :russ:

I know Southgate is defensive but it's always amazing how they never build around guys qualities but rather fit them into whatever box they need. They had the same issues with Scholes. United had/has the same issues with Maguire.

Trent's passing is enough to be selected. In a world of quick transitions, passing defenders a necessity.

Rio said it best, all players have weaknesses, focus on the strength and build around.

Daps
Was the old mourinho ever all that tho when we look back? Because the moment football tactics became super progressive Mourinho was outta here. Mourinho must hate Pep like a mf for that?
You have to wonder where he would be now in if he never went to RM and get humbled. :wow:

I would say yes and I think his records in the first part of his career backs that's up.
You don't win that many trophies domestically and in Europe season after season with out having something about you.
But as you said with the change of football tactics coming about towards the end of the 00's and Pep and the fact he went to Madrid didnt help him at all.
I also think the fact the whole world changed and became super sensitive and snow flakes didnt help him either, it made his man management style completely obsolete

You can't talk to the players like you used to in the 90's and early 00's.
You have to moddie coddle them all now to get the best out of them where as before you could criticise them to get a good reaction out of them

How many of the old type managers do you think would do well in this day and age, the likes of Van Gaal, Robson who he learnt off of are not from this era, and Van Gaal struggled in his last few years

I think Fergie yeah he would of still been doing well, but he surrounded himself with good coaches etc through out his career and his man management was excellent throughout his career.
He knew how to treat certain players, be soft with some, be hard on others to get the best out of them

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

He peaked early, it happens. :manny:

He was a good manager 10-15 years ago.
Problem now is that he is stuck still trying to use the methods that served him well in the first half of his career.

Football has passed him by and this really should be his final opportunity with a top club in the Premier League.

I would say go back to Serie Ass but even there he has no real options.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I would say yes and I think his records in the first part of his career backs that's up.
You don't win that many trophies domestically and in Europe season after season with out having something about you.
But as you said with the change of football tactics coming about towards the end of the 00's and Pep and the fact he went to Madrid didnt help him at all.
I also think the fact the whole world changed and became super sensitive and snow flakes didnt help him either, it made his man management style completely obsolete

You can't talk to the players like you used to in the 90's and early 00's.
You have to moddie coddle them all now to get the best out of them where as before you could criticise them to get a good reaction out of them

How many of the old type managers do you think would do well in this day and age, the likes of Van Gaal, Robson who he learnt off of are not from this era, and Van Gaal struggled in his last few years

I think Fergie yeah he would of still been doing well, but he surrounded himself with good coaches etc through out his career and his man management was excellent throughout his career.
He knew how to treat certain players, be soft with some, be hard on others to get the best out of them
Miss me with the snow flake garbage. He fell out with most of his Madrid players who played under “old school” managers their entire careers. He lost John Terry and a lot of the locker room during his first stint as Chelsea manager.

The game passed him by. When Klopp bodies him at and Madrid in the CL semifinal in 2013, the Mourinho era ended.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Like others said game just passed him by, it happens to everyone. But I think it happened to Mourinho faster because of his ego, doesn't let him admit he's wrong and adjust to the game.

Fergie is a very unique case. Even though he kept a firm grip on everything in the team, he still kept his distance and let people breathe.

He didn't get into too much of day to day stuff. It was out in the open even while he was in charge that Carlos Queiroz and them were doing the coaching. Fergie was probably just drinking wine :mjlit:

While this guy Mourinho is out there jogging with Ndombele during quarantine :mjtf:

Imagine having to deal with him every day, then he shyts on you in the press, shows up to your house during quarantine and you still end up losing :mjlol:

Daps
Miss me with the snow flake garbage. He fell out with most of his Madrid players who played under “old school” managers their entire careers. He lost John Terry and a lot of the locker room during his first stint as Chelsea manager.

The game passed him by. When Klopp bodies him at and Madrid in the CL semifinal in 2013, the Mourinho era ended.

Every manager at Chelsea lost the dressing room for one reason or another because Terry and co threw their toys out their prams and stopped playing for them ( apart from maybe Ancelotti, who every one seems to love playing under)

In his second stint it was because of his man management skills what made him lose the dressing room and got him the sack

At Madrid again it was because of man management skills and of him criticising the players loads
And again at United

It's not just because the game has passed him by, his man management skills are a factor aswell

Explain to me how Ole is still in a job where he is clearly out of his depth, has no tactical nouse and has not won anything, but I bet his man management skills are quite good, he wouldnt ever have the guts to criticise players like Maureen does

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Mourinho's downfall began when he got sonned by Wenger in 2014. Chelsea won the match but Wenger manhandled Jose on the sidelines :russ:

And then the final nail in the coffin was that Eva Carneiro drama.

Black Nate Grey

The God Emperor of Mankind
Daps
PSG are fukked without Marquihos, much as I want them to win, he's too big of a miss. Bayern will score for sure.
I see this as a Bayern battering or close PSG win.
If PSG play like they did against Barca 2nd leg, it's over for them.