Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
Should be three EPL teams in the CL semi finals.

Dortmund are a good team but they’re way too inconsistent. City have pretty much got the league wrapped up and they have a deeper squad. They’ll throw everything including the kitchen sink at Dortmund. It’s going to be a masacre.

Liverpool have nothing else to play for. It’s the CL or bust. This Real Madrid team had no place being in the quarter finals. Atalanta made them look better than what they are. Liverpool have no excuses not beating them.

Chelsea got the best possible draw. Porto are a good team but they’re the weakest out of the last 8. Tuchell has got this Chelsea team on a roll.

I can’t call it between Bayern and PSG. Really could go either way.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Should be three EPL teams in the CL semi finals.

Dortmund are a good team but they’re way too inconsistent. City have pretty much got the league wrapped up and they have a deeper squad. They’ll throw everything including the kitchen sink at Dortmund. It’s going to be a masacre.

Liverpool have nothing else to play for. It’s the CL or bust. This Real Madrid team had no place being in the quarter finals. Atalanta made them look better than what they are. Liverpool have no excuses not beating them.

Chelsea got the best possible draw. Porto are a good team but they’re the weakest out of the last 8. Tuchell has got this Chelsea team on a roll.

I can’t call it between Bayern and PSG. Really could go either way.

Citeh, Poo', Chelski and PSG in the semis would be perfect.

Madrid and Porto instead acceptable.

A Chelsea, PSG or Porto win would be fine with me.

WaveMolecules

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens

Pep spitting.

Thinking of Ainsley, Alaba, Trent (defensively not the greatest but you can hide that in some respects) here. Bellerin pre-injury was really good at this too. Their passing ranges and ability to play in tighter spaces are way better than traditional wing backs.

Pep could’ve been speaking Cambodian here. I’m so ignorant when it comes to football strategy and tactics. :mjcry:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Pep could’ve been speaking Cambodian here. I’m so ignorant when it comes to football strategy and tactics. :mjcry:

When your FB push up too high it means there is now space to exploit on the flanks to the counter. Too much ground to cover (best example is Rodri vs Spurs in the 2-0 win earlier on in the season) and dragging the central players I.e the CB or holding midfielder to cover the gap/space. Plug one hole which creates another one elsewhere which is centrally. Having the FB move into midfield creates more options both attacking and defensively as the FB is now playing halfway instead of too far/high or too deep/low. Pep/Cruyff football is about playing in triangles/diamonds

Last edited:

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
When your FB push up too high it means there is now space to exploit on the flanks to the counter. Too much ground to cover (best example is Rodri vs Spurs in the 2-0 win earlier on in the season) and dragging the central players I.e the CB or holding midfielder to cover the gap/space. Plug one hole which creates another one elsewhere which is centrally. Having the FB move into midfield creates more options both attacking and defensively as the FB is now playing halfway instead of too far/high or too deep/low. Pep/Cruyff football is about playing in triangles/diamonds

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils

Cruyff-Tactics-1-New.jpg