Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
Du_Y1Yv1

Last edited:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
If we get these guys in not only will we get to the world cup, but we will make the knockout stages.

If Deon Burton, Paul Hall, Robbie Earle, Fitzroy Simpson etc could join the team and make us 3rd best in the region, this crew will take us to a higher level.

I feel bad for some of the guys who started to show their quality like Orgill, gonna be hard to get in the side now.

Ivory Coast fans thought the same until they got put into group of deaths in b2b World Cups. And they had far better players than what is on that list tbh. :ld:

Holgate is a good pick up.

At least they setting themselves up for the MLS bag in the future instead of dropping down the football league.

Last edited:

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
Ivory Coast fans thought the same until they got put into group of deaths in b2b World Cups. And they had far better players than what is on that list tbh. :ld:

Holgate is a good pick up.

At least they setting themselves up for the MLS bag in the future instead of dropping down the football league.

Yeah obviously the group matters, but with the world cup adding more teams these groups are going to be diluted. Reggae Boyz haven't been terrible but have struggled in midfield with no anchor man. Hayden is much better than who we've put there, and Holgate should be a good partner for Lowe. I think if we get a few players from that list and they develop some chemistry, they can take alot of teams by surprise.

Unfortunately the most likely outcome is we get these guys and they clash with the existing players, they get turned off by how poorly the federation is run and all this affects how they play on the pitch.

I'm being optimistic tho.

Montez

Superstar
Daps
If we get these guys in not only will we get to the world cup, but we will make the knockout stages.

If Deon Burton, Paul Hall, Robbie Earle, Fitzroy Simpson etc could join the team and make us 3rd best in the region, this crew will take us to a higher level.

I feel bad for some of the guys who started to show their quality like Orgill, gonna be hard to get in the side now.

Depth. Biggest thing is the culture, marrying the foreign born stars into the existing culture is so hard. They tend to bytch about everything.

Can they do it in a warm spring night in Guatemala though

My only worry for Jamaica. It's 84+ degrees every day in our region and them pitches aint no joke.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Yeah obviously the group matters, but with the world cup adding more teams these groups are going to be diluted. Reggae Boyz haven't been terrible but have struggled in midfield with no anchor man. Hayden is much better than who we've put there, and Holgate should be a good partner for Lowe. I think if we get a few players from that list and they develop some chemistry, they can take alot of teams by surprise.

Unfortunately the most likely outcome is we get these guys and they clash with the existing players, they get turned off by how poorly the federation is run and all this affects how they play on the pitch.

I'm being optimistic tho.

If the Jamaican Federation is anything like the WICB :francis: