Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Switch

All Star
Daps
Arteta got some leeway when they knocked us out last year, no excuses this time must win.

Winston

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Before VAR was introduced I always thought offside was based on where both player's feet were. These shoulder, fingertip and forehead being offside calls just seem ridiculous to me. wtf is this?
Untitled-2.png
Untitled-1.png

Imagine a defender gets caught lacking and they don't have enough time to step up so they just hit the
200.gif

King Theo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Before VAR was introduced I always thought offside was based on where both player's feet were. These shoulder, fingertip and forehead being offside calls just seem ridiculous to me. wtf is this?
Untitled-2.png
Untitled-1.png

Imagine a defender gets caught lacking and they don't have enough time to step up so they just hit the
200.gif
i used to think the same. which made me think the rule should be reconsidered in the event of a goal. so if im in one of the positions above if my feet our onside and i score with my feet its a goal and so forth with any other legal body part.

because before VAR i dont evne think those goals above would even be thought as offside. may get a little argument but ultimately they wouldve stood. i dont want to turn footy into baseball

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Untitled-2.png
Untitled-1.png

200.gif
First time I'm hearing offsides were about feet. Always thought it was about the shoulder.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
With these micro centimeter offsides, I think there should be some sort of rule where tie goes to the attacker.

The whole offsides by a finger thing just doesn’t sit right with me.

Daps
Peak Wenger Arsenal vs Fergie United or Mourinho vs Pep El Classicos? :jbhmm:
For me its peak Wenger vs Peak Fergie, as both teams just went out and played football and see who could score the most goals
Peak Maureen Vs peak Pep El Classico was let's see who can get the advantage first by trying to get someone sent off and then we will start playing football