Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Montez

Superstar
Daps
So nothing happens then?

It goes to Ligue 1

According to Uefa Champions League rule 3.04b: "A vacancy created by the UEFA Europa League titleholder is filled by the third placed club of the association ranked fifth in the access list and the league path is rebalanced accordingly with priority given to the club of the best ranked association of the respective round in the access list."

The fifth placed association in Europe is currently France.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/foot...europa-league-champions-league-who-qualifies/

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
Do they? I thought if Team A has already qualified through the league then even if they win EL nothing happens. As in their League won’t get an additional UCL spot.

:dahell:

Only the wiki it says something different

If cup winners had already qualified for European competition through league performance, their place through the league is vacated and goes to the best ranked teams not qualified for European competition. This means that the cup runner-up is no longer qualified through the cup berth

Plus this was last year.

Manchester City, Chelsea, Wolves and Manchester United all play in Europe next month. If any of them win their trophy, they will go into next season's Champions League group stage no matter where they finish in the league.

If Manchester City (who lead Real Madrid 2-1 in the last 16) win the Champions League, it makes no difference to the European places in the Premier League - England would not get any extra places.

But if Chelsea (who trail Bayern Munich 3-0) win the tournament and finish outside the top four, then five English teams would go into next year's Champions League with two in the Europa League.

Maybe I am reading the question wrong, I am in and out of class.

Who needs what to qualify for Europe?