Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
USA is slowly but surely getting the pieces it needs for a strong first XI that can challenge for the next coming years.

I’d like to see how Hoppe, Steffen, Musah, Adams, Richards and Weah develop next season.

On paper this team looks very promising.

Real Salt Lake :comeon:

Yea dude is in a slump but y’all have short term memories over here. Pulisic was Chelsea’s best player during project restart. The boy has talent. Overcoming rough patches will be part of his development.

That’s how I was talking to my boy yesterday and he said Martial is barely even Ligue 2 level. Mind you, this is the same Martial that scored 17 non-PK goals last season.

I have my frustrations with Martial but I know the ability is there.

Yeah, for a couple of games :manny:

He's been here for 18+months and all we ever talk about is a nice lil run he had before he went back to being the injury prone, ineffective mess that he is.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Yeah, for a couple of games :manny:

He's been here for 18+months and all we ever talk about is a nice lil run he had before he went back to being the injury prone, ineffective mess that he is.

First season he was in and out the first team adjusting to the Prem. Did really good the last half of last season but hasn’t been too fit this term. All part of adjusting. He’ll come good.

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
As soon as them injuries hit Southampton, they fell off hard.

Them and Brighton are very similar, play decent football but lack that final finish.