Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
USA is slowly but surely getting the pieces it needs for a strong first XI that can challenge for the next coming years.

I’d like to see how Hoppe, Steffen, Musah, Adams, Richards and Weah develop next season.

On paper this team looks very promising.

Real Salt Lake :comeon:

Yea dude is in a slump but y’all have short term memories over here. Pulisic was Chelsea’s best player during project restart. The boy has talent. Overcoming rough patches will be part of his development.

That’s how I was talking to my boy yesterday and he said Martial is barely even Ligue 2 level. Mind you, this is the same Martial that scored 17 non-PK goals last season.

I have my frustrations with Martial but I know the ability is there.
Agreed. Gotta find a 9 though.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Agreed. Gotta find a 9 though.

Hoppe is the current 9 at Schalke and he’s had a couple of productive months of late.

Schalke is likely (and sadly) going down so maybe Hoppe get’s poached by another club to stay in Bundesliga if not he can continue his development in 2.Bundesliga.

Isn’t Sargeant a striker as well?

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Hoppe is the current 9 at Schalke and he’s had a couple of productive months of late.

Schalke is likely (and sadly) going down so maybe Hoppe get’s poached by another club to stay in Bundesliga if not he can continue his development in 2.Bundesliga.

Isn’t Sargeant a striker as well?
Yeah, the sample size on Hoppe is so small that I haven’t put much into it yet. Sargent is a ST but he’s been up and down. We got a lot of potential but I don’t know if it can grow up fast enough for WC. Weah up top might be the best option to stack the midfield right now.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Yeah, the sample size on Hoppe is so small that I haven’t put much into it yet. Sargent is a ST but he’s been up and down. We got a lot of potential but I don’t know if it can grow up fast enough for WC. Weah up top might be the best option to stack the midfield right now.

Interesting that you say Weah should be up top. I thought he’d be better on the RW or at least duke it out with Musah for a starting point.

I agree though. Sample size for Hoppe is quite small but at 18/19 yrs old, he should be seen as a long term prospect granted he keeps developing.

Sargent is good for additional top XP regardless. Better than bringing in Altidore IMO.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Interesting that you say Weah should be up top. I thought he’d be better on the RW or at least duke it out with Musah for a starting point.

I agree though. Sample size for Hoppe is quite small but at 18/19 yrs old, he should be seen as a long term prospect granted he keeps developing.

Sargent is good for additional top XP regardless. Better than bringing in Altidore IMO.
I only say up top to get Musah and him on at the same time. Like right now today I think that’s a better combo than any of the 9s if we had to play a deciding qualifier. He’s a RW for sure tho.

I got no problem with Sargent just wish he was showing more but that might be the club he’s at too. Jozy can’t stay healthy at this point.

Low End Derrick

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Bruh, why is every woman on Brazil's National team so gorgeous? Especially that GK :whew:

Pics?

If I'm Roman I fire him after the game. Thats corny "take me seriously, im the boss" type shiit. And You pick out the weakest target and try to make an example outta him.

Cause aint he never gonna do this to an established player with clout.

Na.

If you saw the game, you'd understand why he did it.

Hoodoo Child

The Urban Legend
Daps
Reppin
The Crossroads