Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Max B

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
tdot
Thank god Ajax beat Lille who are just dreadful to watch. The penalty was wrong call but Ajax deserved the win. Seriously would laugh if psg loses the league to Lille who play the most mourinho-lite football.

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
Is she still doing Arsenal games?

Every Arsenal Europa highlight was her I think... First time i heard it i threw me off coz i thought they got a kid to do it :russ:
Yep. Bad enough listening to Steve " he's offside" Mcmanaman :stopitslime:

They need to get Alex Scott on commentary.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils

I don't blame him. I don't know why the players just didn't do the Black Power salute instead. Which represents better and more importantly a sign of standing up strong. Taking the knee to me seems to be subservient which we all know means to obey whether it's the word of god. Giving yourself/submitting your love and life to a partner when you propose or paying respect to someone of higher status importance . Now you can argue that taking knee also represents a sign of respect for those who have fallen like they do in the military. But what respect has come out at the other end because of kneeling. Lots of talking not much action. Obviously things cannot change automatically overnight. But we are now months later down the line and the way these social media companies the number 1 interaction platforms in the world seem to think little of it. They've had months and months to change things and the best they've come back with we'll monitor more strictly even tho their platforms have made an obscene amounts of money off it. Yeah they might of banned a few more racists than before but that isn't doing much.

Taking the knee did phuck all for Kaep sporting career got bushed but his celebrity profile rose better than wearing the helmet ever would of done if we keeping it reality. And so far taking the knee in football has done phuck all either. So yes I would say the action of doing it has wore out its welcome. In the good old Union days they would strike until their demands were met and things were put in motion to change and if they weren't they would go back on strike. Not saying the players should strike but taking the knee hasn't improved the situation or changed things.

:hubie:

Trajan

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Frankincense and Myrrh
I don't blame him. I don't know why the players just didn't do the Black Power salute instead. Which represents better and more importantly a sign of standing up strong. Taking the knee to me seems to be subservient which we all know means to obey whether it's the word of god. Giving yourself/submitting your love and life to a partner when you propose or paying respect to someone of higher status importance . Now you can argue that taking knee also represents a sign of respect for those who have fallen like they do in the military. But what respect has come out at the other end because of kneeling. Lots of talking not much action. Obviously things cannot change automatically overnight. But we are now months later down the line and the way these social media companies the number 1 interaction platforms in the world seem to think little of it. They've had months and months to change things and the best they've come back with we'll monitor more strictly even tho their platforms have made an obscene amounts of money off it. Yeah they might of banned a few more racists than before but that isn't doing much.

Taking the knee did phuck all for Kaep sporting career got bushed but his celebrity profile rose better than wearing the helmet ever would of done if we keeping it reality. And so far taking the knee in football has done phuck all either. So yes I would say the action of doing it has wore out its welcome. In the good old Union days they would strike until their demands were met and things were put in motion to change and if they weren't they would go back on strike. Not saying the players should strike but taking the knee hasn't improved the situation or changed things.

I think it's the fact you have to normally stand up for the US national anthem

I supported Kaep doing it but I think it's done now. Need other initiatives

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils

I know and understand why Kaep did it. But he wasn't the first not to stand for the anthem like Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf who even till this day doesn't stand for it. Or Carlos Delgado who did it during the occupations of Afghanistan and Iraq.

DapMeUp!

Superstar
Daps

I thought this particular knee for 8 Seconds was to represent the 8 Mins George Floyd was under the knee?

Either way I get what Zaha is saying, though I think everyone should have continued till the end of the season then asked what's next.

If everyone just stops taking the knee gradually the whole initiative will just fall away, football will forget all about it and things will go back to the norm again.

Last edited:

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto

Never understood the knee shyt
But i guess it was to disrespect the anthem by not standing

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Never understood the knee shyt
But i guess it was to disrespect the anthem by not standing
Kap first sat down during anthem then his teammate, who was an old vet, suggested he knee instead and he agreed to it. Then became widespread during protests last year.

Little connection to UK (or anywhere outside the States IMO) but theres an element of everyone parroting American activism.