Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
Lf5uE.jpg

:jawalrus:

Forza Lecce

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
...what does everyone think about this Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang fellow? Is he destined for greatness, or will he prove to be a flop for the likes of Arsenal or Liverpool? Ignore the shiite song:

Last edited by a moderator:

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
He had a million chances and didn't capitalize on a single one of them. Of course you can't convert every chance you get, but after awhile it's time to give someone else a chance right? Seems like this game was an experiment with the line up and he didn't like the results:manny:

Really it has been the whole team. They could have had 5 goals this game

at least Balo was getting chances, Dzeko was playing himself out of the game. Mancini waits too long to make his subs, and then makes the wrong sub.

At least we kept a clean sheet :russ:

Capitol

Did this work
Daps
at least Balo was getting chances, Dzeko was playing himself out of the game. Mancini waits too long to make his subs, and then makes the wrong sub.

At least we kept a clean sheet :russ:

I agree with ya. I kept hearing people say that Dzeko should start and how he is so much better than Balo for weeks and when I finally get a chance to see him he was ruining every opportunity he had. Off the top of my head I can't remember a single thing he did right. He was just so clumsy today that nearly ever touch he had at a vital moment would slip away or he would do a bad pass. He didn't help his situation at all with this game and now Mancini can say he gave him a chance and continue to use him as a sub in the 88th minute or something:shaq2:

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
...what does everyone think about this Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang fellow? Is he destined for greatness, or will he prove to be a flop for the likes of Arsenal or Liverpool? Ignore the shiite song:

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang | Goals & Assists | 2012/2013 (HD) - YouTube

he's great, been tracking him at st. etienne since last year and i just hope he doesnt go to arsenal

he played well at the ACN and i just remember being :to: seeing him so incredibly devastated at the end

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
was looking over old pictures days ago, i apparently had a poster of eric wynalda on my wall growing up, i didnt even remember. and pictures with eddie pope, cobi, valderrama, many METRO players. that is some og shyt.

ThaPrez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
both, imo. Mancini's a clown but they have a lot of clowns and mercs.

I still expect them to win the league because they have the most talented and experienced squad.
City ain't winning shyt this year pal.

Dont have the consistency to beat a more talented Chelsea or consistent Utd.

Capitol

Did this work
Daps
aye @yoyoyo1

Do you think not having away game goals count for more is better for the playoffs?

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
aye @yoyoyo1

Do you think not having away game goals count for more is better for the playoffs?

definitely more excitement, no one just bunkers and hopes to get the lucky goal

come to think of it, mls playoff games have usually been really good, maybe this is why. you dont have to be so cautious trying to 'keep a clean sheet at home' like so many european playoffs have died in the 1st leg due to lack of goals

Capitol

Did this work
Daps
definitely more excitement, no one just bunkers and hopes to get the lucky goal

come to think of it, mls playoff games have usually been really good, maybe this is why. you dont have to be so cautious trying to 'keep a clean sheet at home' like so many european playoffs have died in the 1st leg due to lack of goals
Granted, I haven't been watching it for that long, and I've yet to see any of the European playoffs, the idea, and the pay off makes much more sense to me. In every sport it is always difficult to play on the road, but I just don't like the idea of a goal being worth more. Imagine if the away goals counted for more, giving NY the advantage on that ridiculous own goal when the match was virtually even.