Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

King Theo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm here for it.

I disagree, but there is an argument there. When KDB plays the team bases itself around his ability to make passes that will break a defence. Also, de Bruyne starts centrally and drifts to the right, a space that Bernardo Silva loves, as a result they don't play well together. When De Bruyne isn't playing, Bernardo has more freedom and can dictate the game. So basically the argument is does the team play better with KDB at the helm or Bernardo, and both players have their pros and cons. I'll take KDB tho, but would never sell Bernardo.

Obviously KDB is a world class player but City in that title winning season when he was injured looked ridiculously fluid and well knit together. I actually thought that was David Silva's doing but you may be right it may have been Bernado. I think when KDB plays there is an over reliance on him being the central creative outlet which isn't as fluid.

i gotta say ive always felt it was david silva that really drove us in the league that year.

the team feels much more fluid and balanced with gundo and bernardo in the middle rather than gundo and kdb with bernardo on the right.

i long for a day where kdb and gundo can operate like xavi and iniesta. but it seems they both play on top of each other and one goes missing.

if i had to sell one of them........idk what the right or wrong decision is. ive been waiting for someone to bring this argument up since KDB got injured and i was certain someone was gonna do it after the liverpool match.

and i agree @Ukbrotha when kdb is there is def. a over reliance on him to be their central creative outlet. maybe when he gets back there will be less if gundo bernardo and cancelo are still tickin. idk though. i thought kdb was the only one who wanted to grab the game by the scruff of its neck. but man its seems like alot(gundo,bernardo,foden) of these players have stepped up in WANTING to do it.

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
VDB needs to be braver with his passing. Hasn't taken one chance he's been given, can't blame Ole. Time we change the narrative.

shyte this tbf. Just give the people what they want. And the people want Amad.
Think it was the Sheffield United game in December when we were 3-1 up and instead of putting Rashford through, he made a safe pass instead.

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
Combination of Fred/Matic is dead as well, if we don't get a proper CDM in the summer....Oh who am I kidding? We won't.:unimpressed:

Ole will probably throw in Bruno for a clutch and sub off Telles for Shaw again. :mjlol:

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
Yeah he's been overly safe with it. Probably lacking confidence and lack of games. I thought his only good performance was the Newcastle game where his one touch incisive passing was excellent. He really needs a run of games though. He won't hit form playing the odd game.

Think it was the Sheffield United game in December when we were 3-1 up and instead of putting Rashford through, he made a safe pass instead.

Everything is just too tippy tappy. Which is great but when you're often in a team that doesn't play together much not everyone is on that wave length, takes time to develop. So i agree he needs to play more to get up to speed/mesh with everyone but just want him to get his head up a little bit more and try things other than 5 yard passes and showing for 1-2's.