Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
That's a sexy midfield but I fear it lacks a bit of strength unless you guys go full possession football. I would put a Milner in there too.

————Henderson————
—Milner——-——Grealish—
Foden—Kane——Rashford/Sterling

Milner retired. Got the Pompey Milner in Mount tho.

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
That's a sexy midfield but I fear it lacks a bit of strength unless you guys go full possession football. I would put a Milner in there too.

————Henderson————
—Milner——-——Grealish—
Foden—Kane——Rashford/Sterling
Ah yeah it’s definitely me just being a bit over excited. Would probably get dominated by say, France.

We have a real lack of great defensive midfielders or big physical, defensive minded but box-to-box midfielders. It’s annoying how timing works in football, throw a few of our midfielders(CB’a too)in the past in there with this attacking talent and damn.:wow:

So in that case i say we just have to go for it, attack, press high and try and outscore teams. It’s more likely to be a cagey 3/5 at the back though which sits in the middle of sitting back and attacking and doesn’t really have an identity and eventually get outwitted by a team with some know how.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Ah yeah it’s definitely me just being a bit over excited. Would probably get dominated by say, France.

We have a real lack of great defensive midfielders or big physical, defensive minded but box-to-box midfielders. It’s annoying how timing works in football, throw a few of our midfielders(CB’a too)in the past in there with this attacking talent and damn.:wow:

So in that case i say we just have to go for it, attack, press high and try and outscore teams. It’s more likely to be a cagey 3/5 at the back though which sits in the middle of sitting back and attacking and doesn’t really have an identity and eventually get outwitted by a team with some know how.
Yeah a Lampard or a Gerrard would have made that midfield click. There might be a good young 8 somewhere than can hold that midfield for you hopefully.

Also, is there a reason for Southgate to stick with a back 3 ?

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
Real question:

When did yo realize Pep(Wenger 2nd) has had the greatest impact on modern football ?

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

:deadmanny:

Mount regularly comes on for Grealish/Foden to provide energy at around 63 minutes, depending on scenario, in this alternate reality.

Mount is the best pure #8 England have imo.

I'd say Grealish & Foden are competing with the likes of Rashford for a starting spot :sas2: