Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Here’s the reality, we’re never going to stop racism, especially on the internet. These players just have to suck it up. There’s no point wasting police resources on these internet trolls. There are waaaaay too many of them.

Focus this energy on fans who racially abuse players in stadiums (once they’re open again). Deduct teams points, permanently ban those morons. But on the internet? It’s literally impossible.

You’ll get rival fans posing as supporters of the team of the players they abuse. As harsh as it sounds, these players need to get thicker skin when they receive online abuse.

Yeah it’s fukked up, and they shouldn’t accept in an ideal world but what do they really expect the police to do? Track down some stupid 12 year old CAC who just wants to get a rise out of these players? And if 1000 people do it to one player, do we want the police tracking 1000 trolls? It’s just not feasible.

Nah. You basically said why it won't work when talking about online. Can easily see Millwall fans going undercover to Crystal Palace vs West Ham just so they be disruptive and cost either team points.

As this whole pandemic has shown. Teams care about money. You hit them with shutting the grounds down and loss of match day revenue. They can cope with a game, but 5 games 10 games a whole season? Fans will start policing themselves.

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
Not denying there’s a lot of racism in english football etc etc

But most of these messages to players are from 12 year olds from the middle east or indonesia or some shyt.

No amount of ‘education’ from ineffective anti-racism orgs is ever going to help with that.

Montez

Superstar
Daps
Messages like this really fukk with people ? :dwillhuh:

I’d laugh,block and do some rich people shyt after

It's the volume and I doubt this is the first time he's received abuse, at some point you get tired of it. Zaha mentioned he blocked 50 accounts.

---

On the whole I think they have drastically revamp how social media operates. I don't know if requiring an ID is the next step or making platforms invite only.

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
It's the volume and I doubt this is the first time he's received abuse, at some point you get tired of it. Zaha mentioned he blocked 50 accounts.

---

On the whole I think they have drastically revamp how social media operates. I don't know if requiring an ID is the next step or making platforms invite only.

ID have to be mandatory imo.

Its very easy to say just ignore them but I dont think you can imagine the volume of these types of messages on social media. twitter in particular is an absolute cesspool.

Also anti racism orgs are ineffective because they have next to no real support. They are being used to just show that these institutions are thinking about the issue but not actually doing anything about the issue. There is no real consequence for racism. Not going to say its football's issue to fix as its a societal issue but football cannot ignore it either.

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
ID have to be mandatory imo.
I mean this is cool and everything and would probably help but it’s the start of going down a path we don’t really want to go down.

After the big social media platforms, what’s next, forums like this?

I mean i don’t wanna sound like a conspiracy nut thinking next up is microchips in our head but it sets an unnerving precedent.

And i say this as someone who isn’t really bothered about being overly private online(i use my name on twitter/insta etc).

The social media companies need to be forced to take more accountability somehow though so it’s tough:manny:

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
I mean this is cool and everything and would probably help but it’s the start of going down a path we don’t really want to go down.

I mean i don’t wanna sound like a conspiracy nut thinking next up is microchips in our head but it sets an unnerving precedent.

And i say this as someone who isn’t really bothered about being overly private online(i use my name on twitter/insta etc).

The social media companies need to be forced to take more accountability somehow though so it’s tough:manny:

Why not? I don't think anyone should be allowed anonymity in an online public forum. Everyone should be held accountable for their actions online just as you would be in person in a public place. :yeshrug:

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
Newcastle United who can't win for shyt have beaten Everton, the most unpredictable/predictable team in the league (Along with Man Utd) home and away.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils

Oh its coming. Elon Musk already done it with pigs. We aint too far off it with the overuse of smart phones, tablets and airpods now. :hubie:

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
Nah its just Everton being Everton.
I feel disgusted by thinking that they would be title contenders, never being reactionary again. :hhh:

But I think it's the clubs DNA to bottle everything. Top 4 in 2014, Champions League 2005 (Probably blame ref but Forlan was a beast :wow:) FA Cup Final in 2009 and probably more.:mjlol:

If Jose wins a trophy with Spuds, he's completed his mission.

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
Why not? I don't think anyone should be allowed anonymity in an online public forum. Everyone should be held accountable for their actions online just as you would be in person in a public place. :yeshrug:
I agree with the second part 100%. People should be held accountable, social media is real life.

I do however think people should be allowed anonymity if they want it and aren’t c*nts online.

It’s hard to make these two work together though.