Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

DapMeUp!

Superstar
Daps
That offside rule when someone plays the ball you can no longer be offside surely needs to change.

I don't know if Watkins was offside or not, but surely Schar doesn't swipe at the ball like that if Watkins isn't there?....That's just common sense that he is influencing the action made.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Kind of crazy how Madrid 3peated in the CL and I still don't consider Kroos and Casemiro generational players. not even generational midfielders.
Kroos is only a year older than me and he's fell off this hard, when his peak wasn't even all that elite. I hate when people try to tell me Kroos is a top 2 midfielder from a few years ago.
Casemiro is still in his mid 20s
I still believe you replace them two with Verratti/Rabiot or Pogba/Kante or Thiago and what ever decent midfielders he played with at Bayern etc, Madrid would 3peat. Them two and Varane were the most replaceable from those starting 11

C dot effect. Add in big contribution from Benz and guest appearances from Asensio and Bale. There were plenty of games in the run especially in titles 2 and 3, where if it wasnt for C dot they would of went out.

Isco and Modric were doing more of the hard yards creating anyway.

IDK what youre really expecting from Casemiro? He isnt a creator, just your classical Brasilian destroying DM. Whom generally always get underrated as everyone always concentrates on the attacking players and FB's. He does have a knack for scoring vital goals also. Verratti/Rabiot cannot do what Casemiro brings too a side.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Walker can be a liability and Southgate has only played him in the 3 cb's because we have so many right backs but i can actually see the logic tbf.

In terms of his recovery speed/ability to get back and challenge players he's one of the best about. Which is hugely important with potentially say Maguire and Stones being the other 2 CB's. As well as Trent probably being RB and him being shaky defensively.

With that said he could play perfect for 89 minutes but then give away a pen doing something retarded so it's a risk.

I'm not high on Mings either tbf and he's a right dirty fukker at times but like you say rather him then Dier/Coady.

I'm just done with Kyle Walker, I dont like his cheat defending, thinking his pace will always get him out of trouble, his reading of the game/concentration.

Montez

Superstar
Daps
Kind of crazy how Madrid 3peated in the CL and I still don't consider Kroos and Casemiro generational players. not even generational midfielders.
Kroos is only a year older than me and he's fell off this hard, when his peak wasn't even all that elite. I hate when people try to tell me Kroos is a top 2 midfielder from a few years ago.
I still believe you replace them two with Verratti/Rabiot or Pogba/Kante or Thiago and what ever decent midfielders he played with at Bayern etc, Madrid would 3peat. Them two and Varane were the most replaceable from those starting 11

re: Kroos

Folks watched Xabi and Xavi and learned the wrong lessons. Algorithm football.

No one wants Pepe

20 million back to Lille this summer

I would've asked Lyon to take him in an Aouar deal or looked to Serie A. I don't think we get north of 15M for him.

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
You underestimate Modric. Lowkey that Tottenham team with modric/Bale/Adebayor/vandevaart was fun as fukk to watch. One of the more entertaining PL teams I’ve seen. Shame they had wheeler dealer Harry as their manager :sadcam:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
You underestimate Modric. Lowkey that Tottenham team with modric/Bale/Adebayor/vandevaart was fun as fukk to watch. One of the more entertaining PL teams I’ve seen. Shame they had wheeler dealer Harry as their manager :sadcam:

Part of the reason why they were fun to watch was because of Wheeler Dealer Arry. He wasnt going to complicate them with tactics. he just allowed them to play their natural games, which got the best out of them.

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Part of the reason why they were fun to watch was because of Wheeler Dealer Arry. He wasnt going to complicate them with tactics. he just allowed them to play their natural games, which got the best out of them.

Harry would actually be a good coach for this current England squad.

Southgate really needs to fukk off

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
re: Kroos

Folks watched Xabi and Xavi and learned the wrong lessons. Algorithm football.

Ive never rated him going all the way back to 2012/2013 :mjgrin:

Unlucky Arsenal, great effort.

:salute: for exposing Bayern/Germany being the flat track bullies that they are. Once again if your organized in defence they aint all that :ld:

Kroos :scusthov: I think ive only ever see him have 1 good game vs a good european side. Hes pretty shyt as a #10 considerin what Ozil and Gotze can do. And he got kind of exposed when he played deeper last year hence while he was moved further up the pitch

Mullers a top player, might not have all the flash and speed of the others but hes the best out of all the young german attackin players imo.

Kroos is pony anyway, infact Robben comin on will probably help Bayern more.

:skip: Thats that Dutch Ego :lawd:

Kroos aint all that anyway, Bayern even more of a threat with Robben on the flank and Muller shifted to the middle.

Given that BEASTIAN & Javi are the starters

Kroos is shyt

Shaqiri LW/RW
Luis Gustavo is a DM
Muller RW/CAM
Gotze LW/AM maybe even fake 9

But yeah Thiago cannot be complain about games then go to Bayern and United midfield need him may more than Bayern do

Kroos isnt all that tbh from what I've seen of him, probably thee most over hyped German player who really hasnt done anything outside of one decent season @ Bayer where he had Vidal to do all his running for him. Also his best position AM, theres others who do it better than he can.

Heynckes possession football >>>>> Peps.

The amount of times I've only seen 1-2 players in the box for Bayern when they in wide areas compared to last season is :scusthov:

This whole BEASTIAN, Thiago & Kroos as a midfield 3 is ::ld:

:sas1: