Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
I've thought for a while Pope should be No 1 for England
This chart confirms it for me, by far the best English keeper
Looking like Martinez is having the best season so far regarding keeper in the Prem league

When a keeper has command of his area.:wow: That is what a lot of modern keepers lack.

Pope doesnt pass well enough for Waistcoat :francis: which is terrible when you want the best keeper not best passer between the sticks.

I need J-Rex arms to fail a drugs test in time for the Euros.

Daps
When a keeper has command of his area.:wow: That is what a lot of modern keepers lack.

Pope doesnt pass well enough for Waistcoat :francis: which is terrible when you want the best keeper not best passer between the sticks.

I need J-Rex arms to fail a drugs test in time for the Euros.

Or someone to do a horrific challenge on himwhen hes never going to get near ball like he did. I've never rated him as a keeper.
But then I've never rated Southgate as a manager ever, not even during the hype of the world cup
He's a relegation type manager who has no ideas when it comes to open play.
We only ever really score from set pieces
We will never win anything whilst he is in charge, that's why I ain't getting to hyped or excited about the Euro's this year

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Or someone to do a horrific challenge on himwhen hes never going to get near ball like he did. I've never rated him as a keeper.
But then I've never rated Southgate as a manager ever, not even during the hype of the world cup
He's a relegation type manager who has no ideas when it comes to open play.
We only ever really score from set pieces
We will never win anything whilst he is in charge, that's why I ain't getting to hyped or excited about the Euro's this year

Now i know you have your reasons, but I aint about putting that kind of energy out there. :hubie:

Failed piss test gets rid of him all the same

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
At least Stones coming back to form means we might have a good back 3/5 now(not saying i like the back 3/5 but Southgate looks insistent on playing it)

Walker/Maguire/Stones
Stones/Maguire/Mings

Ok options to play the 3 CB's.

Should say fukk Pickford's distribution, get Pope in and just let Maguire and Stones cook playing from the back.

Maybe even a wild Tomori may appear if he does well for Milan.

analog

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Atalanta doing their best to put Milan away before they run out of gas.

Great seeing Illicic back on the pitch as well. Really enjoy his game, and partnership with Zapata.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
At least Stones coming back to form means we might have a good back 3/5 now(not saying i like the back 3/5 but Southgate looks insistent on playing it)

Walker/Maguire/Stones
Stones/Maguire/Mings

Ok options to play the 3 CB's.

Should say fukk Pickford's distribution, get Pope in and just let Maguire and Stones cook playing from the back.

Maybe even a wild Tomori may appear if he does well for Milan.

I dont think Mings is all that tbh, Konsa is a better defender.

Kyle Walker can :camby:

Stones/Slab/Shaw :ld: Chilwell/Saka as the WB.

Playing any combination of Dier Coady next to Slabhead is asking for trouble.

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
I dont think Mings is all that tbh, Konsa is a better defender.

Kyle Walker can :camby:

Stones/Slab/Shaw :ld: Chilwell/Saka as the WB.

Playing any combination of Dier Coady next to Slabhead is asking for trouble.
Walker can be a liability and Southgate has only played him in the 3 cb's because we have so many right backs but i can actually see the logic tbf.

In terms of his recovery speed/ability to get back and challenge players he's one of the best about. Which is hugely important with potentially say Maguire and Stones being the other 2 CB's. As well as Trent probably being RB and him being shaky defensively.

With that said he could play perfect for 89 minutes but then give away a pen doing something retarded so it's a risk.

I'm not high on Mings either tbf and he's a right dirty fukker at times but like you say rather him then Dier/Coady.

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
Kind of crazy how Madrid 3peated in the CL and I still don't consider Kroos and Casemiro generational players. not even generational midfielders.
Kroos is only a year older than me and he's fell off this hard, when his peak wasn't even all that elite. I hate when people try to tell me Kroos is a top 2 midfielder from a few years ago.
Casemiro is still in his mid 20s
I still believe you replace them two with Verratti/Rabiot or Pogba/Kante or Thiago and what ever decent midfielders he played with at Bayern etc, Madrid would 3peat. Them two and Varane were the most replaceable from those starting 11