Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Roberto Firmino

#GoonLife
Daps
Reppin
Naija
Right. I’m sure saying “impossible to lose” was just lost in translation. Let’s use the 2nd language excuse. Just like Suarez and “I don’t talk to blacks” right Liverpool fans? :mjpls:
Yep didn't watch thought so :mjgrin:

It's obvious what he meant to anyone with sense, get them daps breh :mjlol:

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London

If we're really serious about this title charge, we need to rack up more points before they come back! :damn:
EmORWPoXIAEPHLO.jpg

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Us hopefully. We don’t need Eriksen when VDB can barely get on the pitch.
I was going to write that he would make good company for VDB on the bench :russ:

Only reason I would want him is because Bruno will eventually need a break :manny:

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
I was going to write that he would make good company for VDB on the bench :russ:

Only reason I would want him is because Bruno will eventually need a break :manny:
We all keep saying about Bruno resting but i’m starting to think he’s bullying Ole in to not resting him:whew:

Our boy is on some real OG, play every game even if he can’t run shyt:wow:

African_brehda

Superstar
Daps
"Caffeine and other substances" is a hilarious euphemism :dead: they're not taking any caffeine at all, it's all the "other substances." If they are bringing in experts from cycling in the Premier League too now (they have been in La Liga and Serie A for literally decades, since the '90s at least), then they would be using things listed here: Products . Statistics . Dopeology

Blood transfusions would be the wave, I'd bet. They don't test for it in football at all, so not only are we talking about something immensely powerful, it's also undetectable.
What you do is:

This way you've got an extra half-litre or litre of blood pumping through your veins on match day than is physically possible for a human under natural circumstances. It makes you a superman.

The classic example of blood doping in football would be, I think, the Bayern Munich - Barcelona Champions League match last season, you know, the 8-2. It's not the scoreline that blew me away, it was the pressing Bayern showed. It was unbelievable. I've never seen anything like it. 3-4 attackers charging at the Barcelona goalkeeper, full sprint, for the whole 90 minutes. I've never seen that before by any team. You might send one guy per opponent to press the goalkeeper and the defenders, at a jog. The occasional sprint. But half the team charging all at once at just one opponent, and sustaining that level for the whole 90? It's physically impossible, unless you've got a litre or more extra blood in your veins than the Barcelona players do.

NeedyFearlessGaur-size_restricted.gif

They were doing this, every single one of them, as a coherent unit, for 90 minutes without a pause

Breh, the season they lost the title by one point? They beat United 3-1... I’ve never seen that kind of pressing before in my fukking life.. had me hitting the :ohhh::picard::damn: at different points

Montez

Superstar
Daps

Calling it now, he’ll be the best signing/loanee of the season. Quote me.:yeshrug:

Hope so. I hope there's a buy option included. I'd rather this than 40m on Buendia or even Eriksen.

I can't believe Ozil is actually gone before the end of the year.

Same. Arsenal really said fukk it, we will get relegated before we play you.

Him not playing on top of the salary was bad optics during the pandemic. Wish the club had handled this better but it's Arsenal.

BlackBall

Superstar
Daps
Three weeks into 2021 and so far this year, Andy Carroll has scored more than Liverpool in the league.