Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps

sixc4sA.gif

#moyezboyz

Sukairain

Shahenshah
Daps
Reppin
Straiya

"Caffeine and other substances" is a hilarious euphemism :dead: they're not taking any caffeine at all, it's all the "other substances." If they are bringing in experts from cycling in the Premier League too now (they have been in La Liga and Serie A for literally decades, since the '90s at least), then they would be using things listed here: Products . Statistics . Dopeology

Blood transfusions would be the wave, I'd bet. They don't test for it in football at all, so not only are we talking about something immensely powerful, it's also undetectable.
What you do is:

Blood transfusion begins by the withdrawal of 1 to 4 units of blood (1 unit = 450 ml of blood) several weeks before competition. The blood is centrifuged, the plasma components are immediately reinfused, and the corpuscular elements, principally red blood cells (RBCs), are stored refrigerated at 4 °C or frozen at −80 °C.

Stored RBCs are then reinfused, usually 1 to 7 days before a high-endurance event.

This way you've got an extra half-litre or litre of blood pumping through your veins on match day than is physically possible for a human under natural circumstances. It makes you a superman.

The classic example of blood doping in football would be, I think, the Bayern Munich - Barcelona Champions League match last season, you know, the 8-2. It's not the scoreline that blew me away, it was the pressing Bayern showed. It was unbelievable. I've never seen anything like it. 3-4 attackers charging at the Barcelona goalkeeper, full sprint, for the whole 90 minutes. I've never seen that before by any team. You might send one guy per opponent to press the goalkeeper and the defenders, at a jog. The occasional sprint. But half the team charging all at once at just one opponent, and sustaining that level for the whole 90? It's physically impossible, unless you've got a litre or more extra blood in your veins than the Barcelona players do.

NeedyFearlessGaur-size_restricted.gif

They were doing this, every single one of them, as a coherent unit, for 90 minutes without a pause

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
"Caffeine and other substances" is a hilarious euphemism :dead: they're not taking any caffeine at all, it's all the "other substances." If they are bringing in experts from cycling in the Premier League too now (they have been in La Liga and Serie A for literally decades, since the '90s at least), then they would be using things listed here: Products . Statistics . Dopeology

Blood transfusions would be the wave, I'd bet. They don't test for it in football at all, so not only are we talking about something immensely powerful, it's also undetectable.
What you do is:

This way you've got an extra half-litre or litre of blood pumping through your veins on match day than is physically possible for a human under natural circumstances. It makes you a superman.

The classic example of blood doping in football would be, I think, the Bayern Munich - Barcelona Champions League match last season, you know, the 8-2. It's not the scoreline that blew me away, it was the pressing Bayern showed. It was unbelievable. I've never seen anything like it. 3-4 attackers charging at the Barcelona goalkeeper, full sprint, for the whole 90 minutes. I've never seen that before by any team. You might send one guy per opponent to press the goalkeeper and the defenders, at a jog. The occasional sprint. But half the team charging all at once at just one opponent, and sustaining that level for the whole 90? It's physically impossible, unless you've got a litre or more extra blood in your veins than the Barcelona players do.

They were doing this, every single one of them, as a coherent unit, for 90 minutes without a pause

Caffeine is a known sports enhancement. Otherwise WADA wouldn't of banned high concentrations of caffeine from all Olympic events for 20 years. LA to Athens games.

7 Things You Might Not Know About the World’s Most Popular Performance-Enhancing Drug - SimpliFaster

Barca/Spain were blood doping tho. Just look at how aged Iniesta looks and Iker having the heart attack.

You're forgetting that Bayern also had like 3 weeks off prior to the CL resuming and Barca had only just finished La Liga, where they were in terrible form.

Last edited:

Roberto Firmino

#GoonLife
Daps
Reppin
Naija

Larry Holmes level of salt after a loss. I can’t stand this clown. :scust:

“Impossible to lose”????

Should be pretty obvious to anyone who actually watched the match :mjpls: that all he means is we dominated and we shouldn't have come away empty handed, it's almost like English isn't his first language :ohhh:

You don't like him we get it, you ain't gotta do all that reaching bro :mjlol:

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Tomori leaving the sinking ship :wow:

What you do is:

Yeah that Bayern performance was out of this world. Crazy press from start to finish. I don't know how you can sustain that level of intense running over the course of 90 mins.

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
Should be pretty obvious to anyone who actually watched the match :mjpls: that all he means is we dominated and we shouldn't have come away empty handed, it's almost like English isn't his first language :ohhh:

You don't like him we get it, you ain't gotta do all that reaching bro :mjlol:
Right. I’m sure saying “impossible to lose” was just lost in translation. Let’s use the 2nd language excuse. Just like Suarez and “I don’t talk to blacks” right Liverpool fans? :mjpls: