Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
That's probably it.

Spurs and Chelsea are who I get excited and upset over. United and Arsenal been :flabbynsick: for almost a decade together, and Arsenal since 2009.
Honestly i feel like it's mostly the foreign sections of the fanbases that still have a heated rivalry from what i can see, in countries where there are naturally a lot of United and Arsenal fans as they grew up with that rivalry. It's carnage on twitter usually between them.

The only team i ever really still hate when there's no competitive rivalry is Liverpool. Maybe Leeds. In fact Leeds are a good example of what i said above, a lot of the foreign United fans don't really seem to care about Leeds.

Christ i hate their fans.

With City i've mostly conditioned myself not to care as i see their entire history post-takeover as hollow.

The Villain

Superstar
Daps
What does that mean, front runner?
Basically it's when you play well when things are going well, and largely they have been going well since Bruno came. I believe we have the most points since he's arrived, and most PPG if the match count isnt even.

In hoops imagine the freedom you play w/ a 15 pt lead vs a tie game. In footy, since there's way less scoring events/moments in a match, I'd scale it back to playing well when the team is in form. We havent lost in the league in like 12 or 13 games and you can see it in him. More commitment defensively, less a$$hole dallying on the ball, working harder to find space in midfield for the CBs to get him the ball. It's the little things for me w/ him. I like the dude as a person/character and when he's committed I like his game but I can't call him a lynchpin. At least not how I view them. If he can keep this up over months (cause yall know he liable to show up and play like his girl is in the stands :usure:) I'll revisit it. Lately I don't really have a lot of problems w/ his game. Now my boy Martial on the other hand he might need to start looking at Zillow listings or whatever the hell they use for real estate in the UK cause he has been abysmal most of this season. It pains me to skip over his jersey in my collection cause his is the first I got after SAF, but I get pissed when I see it lately

Last edited:

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
USMNT really has some young talent coming down the pipeline. Pulisic, Hoppe, McKinney, Reyna, Dest Steffan etc. They just need a good showing at the next WC to really get soccer pushed more mainstream here in the US. I'm glad they've followed the Belgian/Dutch model for developing the national team.

We need a good DM breh. You saw when loftus cheek pushed Fred away like a little bytch? If we could somehow fuse Fred and Mct together but then again neither knows how to pass the fukking ball.

Ndidi, Ndidi, Ndidi. Dude should be a MUST buy for United. Kante would be a good pick up if Chelsea looks to sell him.

Now my boy Martial on the other hand he might need to start looking at Zillow listings or whatever the hell they use for real estate in the UK cause he has been abysmal most of this season.

Martial is definitely in a bit of a patch but he's still a quality player. You don't score 17 non-Penalty goals in the Prem being a fluke. He just needs to get his head in the game. Give him till the end of the season.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
reason #1000 to just watch games and ignore some pundits :russ:

" Pogba is playing well now because he stopped being a diva" :dead: :mjpls:

could the answer be that dude had covid, and he's just getting match fit now? and that explains what his reactions are quicker? smh man

Bro, Stevie Nicol and Craig Burley be living in another land sometimes. That's how Burley said, Pogba wasn't a world class midfielder. Just hot takes for the sake of it.

ESPN FC pundits just bicker and complain, no real insight into the game. Gab Marcotti is a class above the rest of them.

ScottyG

Separate the boys from men
Daps

Pogba goal 2 -1 Fulham

giphy.gif

True pawgs :leon:

NoGutsNoGLory

Superstar
Daps
USMNT really has some young talent coming down the pipeline. Pulisic, Hoppe, McKinney, Reyna, Dest Steffan etc. They just need a good showing at the next WC to really get soccer pushed more mainstream here in the US. I'm glad they've followed the Belgian/Dutch model for developing the national team.

Ndidi, Ndidi, Ndidi. Dude should be a MUST buy for United. Kante would be a good pick up if Chelsea looks to sell him.

Martial is definitely in a bit of a patch but he's still a quality player. You don't score 17 non-Penalty goals in the Prem being a fluke. He just needs to get his head in the game. Give him till the end of the season.
Kante?:russ: He is beyond washed. Hes 5’5 once his athleticism left he cant tackle a toddler breh

Mazino

All Star
Daps
reason #1000 to just watch games and ignore some pundits :russ:

" Pogba is playing well now because he stopped being a diva" :dead: :mjpls:

could the answer be that dude had covid, and he's just getting match fit now? and that explains what his reactions are quicker? smh man
Pogba is one of the biggest frauds in the game.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Gotta get Musah officially on board.

They need a good showing at the Olympics as well even though most of the Euro guys won’t be there.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils

Pre Earnie Stewart? Or since he been in the job?

If it's since.

If Earnie Stewart didnt learn anything about youth development from his 15 years playing in Holland, then US football is really and truly phucked

:sas2: