Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
Real talk man, England should be looking at semis or final if all their players aren't burnt out.

Some really good players coming through.

No chance that happens with Gareth Southgate as the manager. He plays negative football and as long as the squad is lacking reliable LB options, he won’t set the squad up in a progressive formation to actually try and win games.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
I actually thought Frank did a good job last season. Didn't think he would get that squad to top 4.

don't know what happened this season.

Like @Montez said lack of time on the training pitch,

Chelsea found themselves in a really unusual position that they needed to sign players at GK, CB, LB, CM, ST and replacement for Hazard's creativity. Which they did, but at the same time, it was too many new players. The transfer window ban phucked them up, what they needed to do over 3-4 windows they ended up doing it in 1. Frank doesn't have the tools or pedigree to handle this sort of situation yet, all the while still learning on the job. Tbf managers with far more experience then Frank have failed in similar situation.

Montez

Superstar
Daps
Like who?

Kane
Saka
Sterling
Grealish
Maddison
Foden
Sancho
Harvey Barnes

England really should be playing with the PNP special. They've got the bodies to blow teams away.

They just need someone who can hold the ball and control games at some moments.

Like @Montez said lack of time on the training pitch,

Chelsea found themselves in a really unusual position that they needed to sign players at GK, CB, LB, CM, ST and replacement for Hazard's creativity. Which they did, but at the same time, it was too many new players. The transfer window ban phucked them up, what they needed to do over 3-4 windows they ended up doing it in 1. Frank doesn't have the tools or pedigree to handle this sort of situation yet, all the while still learning on the job. Tbf managers with far more experience then Frank have failed in similar situation.

:lawd: You can change 2 or 3 but they have too many changes. Was unfair on the players and him. I try not to judge players in England until their 2nd season as the league is too intense.

Lampard should've protected them but he was fighting for his job.

No chance that happens with Gareth Southgate as the manager. He plays negative football and as long as the squad is lacking reliable LB options, he won’t set the squad up in a progressive formation to actually try and win games.

Shame really. Euros should be attainable and not many can play with their intensity.

Last edited:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Kane
Saka
Sterling
Grealish
Maddison
Foden
Sancho
Harvey Barnes

England really should be playing with the PNP special. They've got the bodies to blow teams away.

They just need someone who can hold the ball and control games at some moments.

:lawd: You can change 2 or 3 but they have too many changes. Was unfair on the players and him. I try not to judge players in England until their 2nd season as the league is too intense.

Lampard should've protected them but he was fighting for his job.

Shame really. Euros should be attainable and not many can play with their intensity.

Don't forget Croydons own Smith Rowe
:ufdup:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
When will Roman pull the trigger

I mean even chelskkki fans would be booing if they were allowed in Stamford bridge at this point right

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
I rate Matisse but football fans need to know better than to make reactionary videos after signings are made :heh:. I’m literally waiting for Partey to have a shyt game because I know my Spurs mates will spam me with the AFTV videos (and music video smh).