Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
RE: Cavani.

Due to the context he shouldn't have been banned but i'm not really down with Uruguayan's popping up saying it's an insult to their culture. Just because it's your culture it doesn't mean it's all cool.

We in England have no right to tell people in latin american countries how to speak but it's definitely an issue they need to discuss/address internally. (As far as i'm aware there are people over there who aren't a fan of this sort of language)

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
Teams OK with Barcelona paying shyt in installments but want United to pay straight cash :skip:

Montez

Superstar
Daps
I'm in complete agreement about the lack of diversity in coaching across football, there's no argument to be made about it.

That's why, as you mentioned, the lack of a 'pathway' needs to be addressed. People may argue "oh well old black players must not have wanted to be coaches", but it's hard to dedicate your like to chasing after something you think you'll never get. Like, i'm with you.

I just think jumping on every appointment of a white former player to a coaching role and calling it racist sort of dilutes the point.
I just won't have this slander against my beautiful and diverse club:wow:

If there's any issue in this appointment it's whether you think packing the club full of former players is the right way to go(regardless of colour). I happen to not mind it, it was basically Fergie's dream to pack the club full of former players from the directors box right down to the coaching staff, he wanted United to be run like Bayern.

For what it's worth Fletcher is by all accounts meant to be a potentially great coach/student of the game.

I understand.

It's important to have those people who understand the culture and essence of the club. If they have the right education, it's no problem. If they aren't you got pre Houllier-Liverpool or Arsenal now. I think with United, you have that buddy buddy relationship between the Class of 92 and people kinda roll their eyes because them lads are kinda annoying.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
I understand.

It's important to have those people who understand the culture and essence of the club. If they have the right education, it's no problem. If they aren't you got pre Houllier-Liverpool or Arsenal now. I think with United, you have that buddy buddy relationship between the Class of 92 and people kinda roll their eyes because them lads are kinda annoying.

Houllier still was co-manager with Roy Evans in the first few months and Phil Thompson was his #2, also Sammy Lee served on the staff under Houllier. It was Wafa that destroyed that bootroom old boys collective, when he was brining all his Iberians.

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
I understand.

Tbf i’ve had periods in the past where i’ve wished the class of 92 lads would just stfu about United as it’s not helping the club.

That said it’s not like the class of 92 are/have been overly involved with the club post retirement. Phil was but only because of the Moyes connection rather than a United one. Giggs mostly because he was still playing. Butt by all accounts doing a great job in his role and there on merit. Scholes briefly dabbled in coaching at the club iirc but nothing significant.

If what i read about them is true and not just journalists pandering to them then the likes Carrick, now Fletcher have genuine things to offer.

Now we just need Cantona in some sort of director/spokesperson role:blessed: