Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
If we’re being honest, john Barnes is right :manny:. We suffered racism for so long so anything can be triggering I guess.

nah he is not right ... i know romanian and romania .. creh said "negru" was a descriptive but negru (which means black) can be and is used in romania as a neutral descriptor, a pejorative and an othering term.

just like in romanian "gypsy" is used in the same way.

romania was on the side of hitler during WWII and they believe in many of the same "genetically superior" arguments, believe it or not.

culturally romanians don't care about insulting people in other groups. they themselves are proud to say that their country is not "pc".

it's like on here with the terms "creh" or "treh" even. it depends on how you say it and it depends on the context.

the situation during the game was one of conflict and the 4th referee was accusing and asking for the club official to get punished.

-

call a romanian "black" or especially call them a "gypsy" and you will start a fight. that is whether they are "dark" or whether they have gypsy roots or not.

that romanian racialized the punishment because romanians have a raclialized psyche and live in a racialized country.

rants had some interesting words to say about it. he too has been to romania.

ts 8m 19s

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
Atlético Madrid and Real Madrid ain't joining us...:mjcry:

tenor.gif

Enjoy those Thursday nights :mjlit:

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Copa Libertadores knock out action :myman:

I'm coming down with a mysterious illness tomorrow at work, gonna skip out early and watch River :myman:

@THEREALBRAND how you like Santos chances? :myman:

edit: Inter gave away that PK shootout to Boca :hhh:

Last edited: