Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
He is like Glenn Hoddle used to be (but not as good a long passer) , if you remember him.

He works well in the right team but he has significant weaknesses in his game.

:ohhh: how old are you breh?. I'm old and I don't really remember Hoddle like that. Well not prime 80's version and he was already at Monaco by the time I started watching football properly. All I remember is post knee injuries Swindon/Chelsea version.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
What about grass length and temperature?

If it rains a little too hard then you can't expect him to perform.

1. France at ...

2. Juve

3. World Cup 2018

4. European Championship 2016

:banderas:

ts 1m51s

(meanwhile people would rather defend the Noway div 1 winner)

-

Pogba has major weaknesses sure. He cannot be blamed for the inability of his management to build a balanced team.

Where is the CDM?? We haven't had a proper one for years.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
:ohhh: how old are you breh?. I'm old and I don't really remember Hoddle like that. Well not prime 80's version and he was already at Monaco by the time I started watching football properly. All I remember is post knee injuries Swindon/Chelsea version.

Pogba is similar to Hoddle. Both big and notionally strong. Both great passing. Great playing forward but bad in the other direction. Slow to get up to speed. Both do not use their size well enough when defending.

Pogba cannot play a significantly defensive role against hard running midfields. He can play in a two with Matuidi or Kante (or similar) next to hm well enough because Matuidi/Kante are both hyper-energetic, inexhaustible players.

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
1. France at ...

2. Juve

3. World Cup 2018

4. European Championship 2016

:banderas:

ts 1m51s

(meanwhile people would rather defend the Noway div 1 winner)

-

Pogba has major weaknesses sure. He cannot be blamed for the inability of his management to build a balanced team.

Where is the CDM?? We haven't had a proper one for years.

His shortcomings make it difficult to build around him. :yeshrug:

Top players perform even when everything isn't set up to get the best out of them.

I understand what you're saying tho. Pogba desperately needs to play in a low intensity league like Serie Ass.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
His shortcomings make it difficult to build around him. :yeshrug:

Top players perform even when everything isn't set up to get the best out of them.

I understand what you're saying tho. Pogba desperately needs to play in a low intensity league like Serie Ass.

Most top players... yes but not all.

That is why I mentioned Hoddle as an example of another top player who had similar issues.

I am not defending Pogba to the death. If he gets his chance with a proper manager/team and fails then I will judge him in light of that. if the team wants more balance they can get rid of him - no problem.

ts = 45s

"understanding of what arsenal were trying to do [and lack of clear vision in what man utd were trying to do] "