Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Once more proving that with no Fergie this is a mid-table team. All the money in the world and putting this kinda game on the board.

I hate Spurs with all my heart, but I can admit that the club has heart. Man U shambolic. Liverpool woulda put up 10 on these clowns.

OLE AT THE WHEEL!!!!!!!!

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Pogba is my nikka but keeping it real, he's been 50/50 ever since he's come back to us. :francis:

He should be higher up the pitch :hubie:

I do like Pogba and he has been hard done by at times while at United

But...

Pogba needs defensive runners alongside him. With him playing as the advanced 8 in a 3. Got to remember at Juve the reason why he looked so good because he was surrounded by runners/workrate players. The WB's, Vidal, Marchisio and Tevez. And let's not forget he wasn't even the primary playmaker either. People keep on going on about the World Cup, but the reality is, that was a 4 week tournament that players often excel in. After all plenty of players got a move after having a good world cup and never really managed to replicate that world cup form.

Pogba isn't a player you can just put in, he's one that needs specific type of players around him to get the best out of him.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Ole:

giphy.gif

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Why are you forgetting his best year when Ole first came in and played him upfront? He had over 20 goals and got into the Premier League 11 that year. it's no coincidence that his production went down when he got moved back to a double pivot. Your using the same logic that Souness and Neville be using.

I don't remember him playing that far forward :ohhh:

I remember him being more dynamic but he just ambles about the pitch nowadays.

I thought Pogba would have eventually developed into an elite game controlling midfieder like a Xavi or Thiago but more dangerous. But he's been disappointing and hasn't improved his game besides passing. He's not great at beating the press and that is something you need to be elite at to play at a high level in that role. He probably could play it for France because they finally have midfielders that can shield the ball and are press resistant to take the attention away from him. I do think if Donny plays in Pogbas spot and Pogba plays in the 10 role for United, they could play better though. Fernandes gives the ball away too much.
either way, he's been disappointing.

The bold is very true.

I never thought he'd be a Xavi/Thiago type as he simply doesn't have the passing range. There was nothing stopping him being a do it all, Gerrard type of midfielder but he seems to have regressed in every area.

No, not box to box. A forward looking 8.

You need fast+energetic full-backs, the CDM has to be fast and at least 1 fast CB.

Also you need (as a team) to keep the ball better to get around his defensive frailties.

If Pogba goes to a team that dominates possession (like France) he will show what he can do.

I think all of the players are suffering from playing under Ole.

Just seems like too many things have to be perfect for him to perform and and some point you have to accept they never will be. It's very rare you get the perfect balance so players like him should step up.