Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
Really? Where exactly?

I don't see what he'd bring to the table in a 10 role.
I thought Pogba would have eventually developed into an elite game controlling midfieder like a Xavi or Thiago but more dangerous. But he's been disappointing and hasn't improved his game besides passing. He's not great at beating the press and that is something you need to be elite at to play at a high level in that role. He probably could play it for France because they finally have midfielders that can shield the ball and are press resistant to take the attention away from him. I do think if Donny plays in Pogbas spot and Pogba plays in the 10 role for United, they could play better though. Fernandes gives the ball away too much.
either way, he's been disappointing.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
LCM, box to box? He spends more than half the game walking and seems low energy nowadays. Wouldn't trust him in that kind of role.

Only time he's looked decent in the last few years is playing alongside Kante (who funnily enough does the work of two people). :mjgrin:

No, not box to box. A forward looking 8.

You need fast+energetic full-backs, the CDM has to be fast and at least 1 fast CB.

Also you need (as a team) to keep the ball better to get around his defensive frailties.

If Pogba goes to a team that dominates possession (like France) he will show what he can do.

I think all of the players are suffering from playing under Ole.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Why are you forgetting his best year when Ole first came in and played him upfront? He had over 20 goals and got into the Premier League 11 that year. it's no coincidence that his production went down when he got moved back to a double pivot. Your using the same logic that Souness and Neville be using.

He played left-8 didn't he. Not as a 10.

FukyourFort

All Star
Daps
No, not box to box. A forward looking 8.

You need fast+energetic full-backs, the CDM has to be fast and at least 1 fast CB.

Also you need (as a team) to keep the ball better to get around his defensive frailties.

If Pogba goes to a team that dominates possession (like France) he will show what he can do.

I think all of the players are suffering from playing under Ole.

They are suffering under him. I don't think there are too many athletes on this board or else they would recognize how important Tactics are

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
I thought Pogba would have eventually developed into an elite game controlling midfieder like a Xavi or Thiago but more dangerous. But he's been disappointing and hasn't improved his game besides passing. He's not great at beating the press and that is something you need to be elite at to play at a high level in that role. He probably could play it for France because they finally have midfielders that can shield the ball and are press resistant to take the attention away from him. I do think if Donny plays in Pogbas spot and Pogba plays in the 10 role for United, they could play better though. Fernandes gives the ball away too much.
either way, he's been disappointing.

He's never going to do that. He is not and never will be a metronome type player like Xavi, Pirlo, Scholes, Zidane or even Carrick. He is an attacker.

FukyourFort

All Star
Daps
He played left-8 didn't he. Not as a 10.

Your right. All I mean is they played him farther up and they got more out of him. Playing him ad a CDM makes no sense and he would look trash there. If you play him there, you have to play Fred as well