Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
:picard:

I was thinking more about the international tv landscape. Liverpool and United being European Football Royalty and having more fans across the globe.

Nah let him cook with his inaccurate takes. Liverpool and man U the biggest clubs in England, duh

Sukairain

Shahenshah
Daps
Reppin
Straiya
Just finished watching Benevento - Inter during my morning workout. We won 5-2 away against a newly promoted side, albeit managed by the great Filippo Inzaghi who's got quite the rep as a managerial talent.

Let's do the bad first. The defending again was absolutely SHOCKING :lupe: if we had played a better side it could have finished a 5-5 draw. We've had two games now against lesser opponents and already conceded 7 times. I shudder to think of the damage that proper teams will do to us. We've got Lazio next, and if the defending is like this I can't see us winning that game. How the fukk did this Inter side set the benchmark for defending in Serie A last season :mindblown: we conceded the least goals, playing like a proper Conte side should. That's all gone out the window in a few weeks?

Now the good. 2 matches, 6 points, can't complain with that, that's a good start to the season result wise. Oh, and the attack. 9 goals in 2 matches. We're styling like Barcelona when they had Henry-Eto'o-Messi as the front 3 in 2008/09, or Chelsea with Malouda-Drogba-Anelka in 2009/10. This has got to be one of the very best attacks in European football :bustback:

We scored 5 and our elite Lukaku-Lautaro strike partnership didn't even play together! Lukaku started, scored two goals and was subbed off for the last 25 minutes. He scored the first goal of the match after 30 seconds. Lautaro came on to replace him and promptly scored himself within 5 minutes. Henry-Bergkamp, Yorke-Cole, I don't give a fukk who you name, Lukaku-Lautaro is a better partnership! :mjgrin:

The wide attackers were amazing as well. Alexisanchez combining with Ashleyoung on the left were a constant thorn in the defenders side. And Achraf Hakimi ran the show all by himself on the right. He looks a brilliant signing. He's fast, calm in possession, and plays great crosses and passes.

I reckon if we're going to stick with 3-5-2 then the best attacking set up is to have Lukaku as the central striker with Lautaro starting on his right, with instructions to drift right and move into channels. Hakimi starts at right midfield and stays wider still than Lautaro to create an overlap. That's two top quality players occupying the same part of the pitch, it'll cause any defence a world of problems.

Then on the left there's Alexisanchez who should start in left central midfield with instructions to move forward and basically duplicate what Lautaro is doing on the right of Lukaku. With Ashleyoung/Perisic staying out wide left on the overlap. Just overload the c*nts on both flanks and have Lukaku our finishing maestro in the middle feeding off of them. There's not a defence in the world good enough to handle that much pressure.

Sukairain

Shahenshah
Daps
Reppin
Straiya
And yet for all that I miss good old fashioned Mourinhoball, Simeoneball, Conteball. Go 1-0 up then park the bus, shut the door, lock the bolt. Strangle the opposition with perfect defending. I find that sort of football so much more satisfying :ahh: This 5-2, 4-3 business is very unItalian :hhh: