Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
Lol

If I remember after fat frank lampard had a 'goal' not given against Germany (only thing he done in that game) England started crying for video replays and now look where we are.. Football is a joke.

Match-fixing is even more blatant now.. Lol

Yeah they need to walk back some stuff. VAR isn't bad but taking away intention from the handball rule is going to kill the sport. Pretty much every game this weekend had some fukkery, and it's only match week 3.

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Really good, very sad at times. They did the stories of Walter Tull, Jack Leslie and Arthur Wharton really well.

I didnt realize Spurs had a 70 year year gap between having black players.

Also didn't know England started having black players represent England in the late 70s!!

The FA has to do a better job of promoting these men. Baseball does a good job remembering the likes of Jackie Robinson and Roberto Clemente.
Was it late 70s yeah? I know viv Anderson was the first black player to be capped. I was thinking that was 79 or 81.

J Money

No weapon formed against me shall prosper
Daps
Random post but I really like Thomas Soucek the West Ham midfielder. The kind of midfielder id love Arsenal to sign

Daps
Reppin
NYC
pure coincidence

he's not a top 40 midfielder
I don't know where you got that from, but in my post I never said Hendo was top whatever or better than anyone. I don't know where y'all getting this from. But I hope to God Liverpool go out there tomorrow and walk a 4-0 win because again, the squad has looked clueless without him in numerous games going back to last season and has nothing to do on where he ranks as a player.

Milk

Pro
Daps
Reppin
England
Really good, very sad at times. They did the stories of Walter Tull, Jack Leslie and Arthur Wharton really well.

I didnt realize Spurs had a 70 year year gap between having black players.

Also didn't know England started having black players represent England in the late 70s!!

The FA has to do a better job of promoting these men. Baseball does a good job remembering the likes of Jackie Robinson and Roberto Clemente.

A lot of people aren't aware of Laurie Cunningham.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
I keep telling the mandem about Germany

"When I first met him, Sadio Mane looked like a rapper who was just starting out" - Juergen Klopp.

"The German coach considered bringing the Senegal star to Borussia Dortmund but decided against it because of his appearance.

Jurgen Klopp says he was not impressed when he first met Sadio Mane because the Liverpool star "looked like a rapper".

Mane arrived at Liverpool just a year into Klopp's tenure and has become a pivotal player for the Champions League winners, scoring 77 times in 161 appearances in all competitions to help them to Champions League, UEFA Super Cup and Club World Cup titles.

But the Senegal star had been on Klopp's radar long before the 2016 move to Anfield, as the German coach considered bringing him to Borussia Dortmund from Red Bull Salzburg, where he won the league and cup double.

Klopp, however, decided against signing him because of his appearance, allowing Southampton to snap him up from the Austrian giants.

"I remember my first encounter with Sadio. It was in Dortmund. There was a really young guy sitting there. His baseball cap was askew, the blond streak he still has today," Klopp said in a new documentary about the 27-year-old.

"He looked like a rapper just starting out. I thought: 'I don't have time for this' :mjpls: . Our team back then really wasn't bad. I needed someone who could handle not being a starter at the very beginning, someone I could develop.

"I'd say I have a pretty good feeling for people, but was I wrong! I further followed his career and continued success at Salzburg. In Southampton he just dominated.""

Klopp: Mane looked like a rapper when I first met him | Goal.com

And no this ain't about Klopp per-se. It is about casual judgements which are the norm in Germany.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils

"When I first met him, Sadio Mane looked like a rapper who was just starting out" - Juergen Klopp.

"The German coach considered bringing the Senegal star to Borussia Dortmund but decided against it because of his appearance.

Jurgen Klopp says he was not impressed when he first met Sadio Mane because the Liverpool star "looked like a rapper".

Mane arrived at Liverpool just a year into Klopp's tenure and has become a pivotal player for the Champions League winners, scoring 77 times in 161 appearances in all competitions to help them to Champions League, UEFA Super Cup and Club World Cup titles.

But the Senegal star had been on Klopp's radar long before the 2016 move to Anfield, as the German coach considered bringing him to Borussia Dortmund from Red Bull Salzburg, where he won the league and cup double.

Klopp, however, decided against signing him because of his appearance, allowing Southampton to snap him up from the Austrian giants.

"I remember my first encounter with Sadio. It was in Dortmund. There was a really young guy sitting there. His baseball cap was askew, the blond streak he still has today," Klopp said in a new documentary about the 27-year-old.

"He looked like a rapper just starting out. I thought: 'I don't have time for this' :mjpls: . Our team back then really wasn't bad. I needed someone who could handle not being a starter at the very beginning, someone I could develop.

"I'd say I have a pretty good feeling for people, but was I wrong! I further followed his career and continued success at Salzburg. In Southampton he just dominated.""

Klopp: Mane looked like a rapper when I first met him | Goal.com

And no this ain't about Klopp per-se. It is about casual judgements which are the norm in Germany.

Mane and Kampl picture and Kampl is dressed more as a rapper than Mane. Why doesn't someone ask Klopp about Kampl? After all did he sign Kampl:mjpls:

It's not that much of a surprise considering how they treat the Turks.

German/Turks :hula: UK/Windrush Generation.

Daps
Reppin
NYC

nOdLZhv.png