Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Montez

Superstar
Daps
:mjlol: at the way the tweet is worded. Like they've been embargoed one another for years and years. Now if it was Spurs and Chelsea it would be :whoo:.

Looking at the history, Arsenal usually do come off on the wrong end of dealing with Chelsea tho.

I’m still mad over Ashley Cole.

How come Spurs and Chelsea don’t do business?

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
I’m still mad over Ashley Cole.

How come Spurs and Chelsea don’t do business?

Roman and Levy have old country beef. :hubie:

It stems from when Roman was looking for a club to buy/invest. Apparently he was interested in Spurs and for whatever reason it didn't happen. The story is, he rejected to buy Spurs and bought Chelsea the next day. I don't think Levy wanted to give up any of his control. But I think there is more to it tbh, I reckon they felt his money was funny. So the Russian side of Roman came out and he dont phuck with Spurs/Levy. Russians aren't the forgiving types if they felt disrespected.

Carlton Cole told a story recently that he had done medical to sign for Spurs. Roman told him no, we don't sell players to Spurs. The only player to go from Chelsea to Spurs is the ex Italian keeper. And that was only allowed due to the players long term loyalty to Chelsea.

Chelsea owner Abramovich snubbed Spurs transfer deals - and blocked Cole's move

And then later on down the line when Chelsea were after Modric, Levy wanted 50m, Chelsea were offering 35-40m and Spurs/Levy was just like nah. So that's another thing that annoyed Roman about dealing with Spurs/Levy.

Last edited: